• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2008 and GPO Strings

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2008 and GPO Strings

I posted this on the main discussion board, but maybe it belongs here:

Ok, I understand the KS thingy, but I would like to use the built in markings of Finale to control the pizz and the arco of the strings. How do I go about setting them up so the part switchs between pizz and arco using those expression markings?

Thanks
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Finale 2008 and GPO Strings

Human Playback should understand these markings automatically. Assuming HP is active, there should be no need to set up anything.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I am not using Finale GPO, but, instrad I am using the Original Garritan Orch. ver. 3.0

The markings do not react the same way as they did with the Finale GPO. Why? I don't know.

Challenge #10 Winner

Did you install the notation set of GPO? That's the one Finale needs to use.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Did you install the notation set of GPO? That's the one Finale needs to use.

JT
    No, I did a standard install, didn't know GPO came with a Finale Notation set.

Challenge #10 Winner

Look at your Kontakt 2 player, when you go to load an instrument. Number 9 should be the notation folder, if it's installed you'll see it. If it's not, you'll need to install it.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Look at your Kontakt 2 player, when you go to load an instrument. Number 9 should be the notation folder, if it's installed you'll see it. If it's not, you'll need to install it.

JT
    Thanks Jeff, I found it. Funny how it's hard to see the forrest for all those trees in the way.

Challenge #10 Winner

If anyone is tracking this thread, I think this would make a great tutorial: How to "really" use Kontakt Player

or

Kontakt Player for Dummies

I am sure there are a lot of great hints, helps and clues on this forum alone that would make a great resource book. The problem would be to coalate it all into one reference.

Challenge #10 Winner

Hi

The Finale help has some info on Kontakt2 whiuch may be helpful. It's not really easy to find, as it is not in the index. To get there, go to the index and locate "Native Instruments VST". The help page that comes up has a link to Kontakt Player 2 (First link on the page). This page has a surprisingly large amount of info on Kontakt2.

If you have a look at the GPO and HP tutorial in the help, that also has some more info on Kontakt2 and using Keyswitches.

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Go Back to forum