• Register
  • Help

Topic: Questions for Film Composers

Questions for Film Composers

Hi. I was just wondering how many composers in here work in the film industry. I was wondering what gear you people use. Also, if you had any tips for a wanna be film composer.

I am currently working on three student films at Ohio University and trying to set up myself as a film composer.

This may be an unusual thread, but I was wondering. Thanks.

PS. If any composers for TV or Film need assistance, please keep me in mind, I can send demos.

Re: Questions for Film Composers

Well, you could start by righting some GOOD music instead of that CRAP that you\'ve been writing!!

Just kidding guys, we know each other. I couldn\'t resist.

What\'s up Jon?

Well, I aspire to achieve my ultimate goal as a film composer myself. It\'s a SUPER super super tough industry to get into of what I heard, but I plan to go to Berklee college to get as much knowledge of the industry and learn to utilize the best of my abilities to the max. Oh, and pray.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Steve!!

It takes lots of luck and a healthy financial backbone \'cause there\'s not much money in the first few years.

I think the best bet is to find a promising director, maybe straight out of film school, who will go places and take you along for the ride!

BTW, where is Valpraiso, FL?

Go Back to forum