• Register
  • Help

Topic: Registration not working...

Share/Bookmark

Registration not working...

Hi, just installed GPO on my Macbook Pro running Leopard. NI Service center said GPO was activated, but when I run GPO KP2 it says that it is not. Any suggestions?

Re: Registration not working...

Did you go into the service center and import the activation return file?

Martin
    "Among God's creatures two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes, in order not to be separated from the man." - Andre Segovia

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Taylor
    Did you go into the service center and import the activation return file?

Martin
    No, I thought that was only for offline registration. I'll give that a try. Is that what I'm supposed to do? It validated and activated my product already, it just still shows the icon by the Garritan slot in the GPO KP2.

Are you running it on an admin account?

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Are you running it on an admin account?
    I'm running Mac OSX Leopard, and I'm running everything on the only account on the computer, which is an admin account.

Reegs, et al:

From a user that has to do the offline as mine does not connect to the net, it was wierd. I registered over on NI>told me I was done and get my activation return file>imported from jump drive. Still had the yellow triangle.

When I had to register Absynth 3 this way, it was quirky.

It was a period of about 10 minutes, went back up to NI site, re-download the activation return file ( which was about 3 times as big, this time ) . Re-imported the newer file and it worked.

MT
    "Among God's creatures two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes, in order not to be separated from the man." - Andre Segovia

Reegs, et al:

From a user that has to do the offline as mine does not connect to the net, it was wierd. I registered over on NI>told me I was done and get my activation return file>imported from jump drive. Still had the yellow triangle.

It was a period of about 10 minutes, went back up to NI site, re-download the activation return file ( which was about 3 times as big, this time ) . Re-imported the newer file and it worked.

MT
    Hah! Go figure. NI registration has always been very quirky. Just give me a good old challenge response. Without opening a can of worms, there's a line between product protection and persecution.

Sonare, have you had any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Hah! Go figure. NI registration has always been very quirky. Just give me a good old challenge response. Without opening a can of worms, there's a line between product protection and persecution.

Sonare, have you had any luck?
    Haha, unfortunately not. I've tried both online and offline methods of registration with no luck. I'm waiting for a response from NI.

For now the ominous reminds me of the terribly short time I shall have with my new library...

Angry Re: Registration not working...

I also must do offline registration, and this is exactly what happened to me on my new PC this morning. I have re-downloaded the activation return file several times and each time it is 3K in size, but after importing it into ServiceCenter and starting GPOKP2 again (even after a reboot) the acursed yelow triangle remains. Arrrgghhhh. Also, subsequent execution of NI Service Center still offer GPO KP2 as being available for activation.

Any other suggestions?

Terry

Reegs, et al:

MT

Thumbs up Registration problem solved!!!

I have found the problem, at least my problem, your mileage may vary. My curiosity got the better of me so I started investigating. Punchline first: my ActivationRequestFile.html was malformed. I discovered this by looking in the Main Menu->Product Overview->Product Detail section of NI Service Center (NISC). Since my GPO had activated fine, and my GPO KP2 had not, I opened the ActivationRequestFile.html for GPO in WinXP Notepad and compared it to the same file for GPO KP2. They were NOT constructed the same.

In the Product Detail section of NISC you will find for each product a Serial Number, System ID, and Activation Key. In a properly formed ActivationRequestFile.html, all three number strings will appear in order and they will match what is in NISC. In my malformed ActivationRequestFile.html, in the section for GPO KP2 the System ID string was hosed: that is it was not the same as in the Product Detail for GPO KP2.

To fix it , I simply repeated the process of generating a ActivationRequestFile.html from NISC and checking each one in Notepad until I had one in which the three strings for GPO KP2 matched what was in Product Details. Then I dragged that correct ActivationRequestFile.html into a browser window, generated an ActivationReturnFile.naf file and imported that into NISC and, voila, it worked. Opening KP2 revealed no little yellow triangle.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by tjtx
    I also must do offline registration, and this is exactly what happened to me on my new PC this morning. I have re-downloaded the activation return file several times and each time it is 3K in size, but after importing it into ServiceCenter and starting GPOKP2 again (even after a reboot) the acursed yelow triangle remains. Arrrgghhhh. Also, subsequent execution of NI Service Center still offer GPO KP2 as being available for activation.

Any other suggestions?

Terry

Go Back to forum