• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Gigastudio 4 Has Arrived !!

Talking Gigastudio 4 Has Arrived !!

A call from Sweetwater yesterday surprised me when the guy explaines to me that since I was first to buy, I would be first to recieve it.

It seems as though they got 12 copies.

Being the addict that I am I had to pay 43 USD for Overnight shipping and Lo and Behold it is in my hands.

Thank You Tascam !!

BTW It has a dongle..........

I shall report back very soon.

Re: Gigastudio 4 Has Arrived !!

Wow !! I was still looking at various posts in the forum today regarding features/possibility of GS4. Now you have it in hand !!

Please share anything about it, be it good or not so good. I am dying to know as I am struggling with memory limit

Good luck !!

I am feverish as well.

I am having troubles w/ GS3 right now as I haven't used it in a long time, as soon as I get it up and running I will post.

Call Sweetwater, I guess they got 12 copies sent to them.

They posted it a while back and I bought it, just to find out that they hadn't recieved anything, and wouldn't until Februrary. So I forgave them.

Now I thank them.

Those Sneaky Bastards.

Was it an upgrade for you ? Or you purchase a brand new copy ?

They only have the upgrade I believe, you should check by phone though as their website might be inaccurate.

It's 199 USD, and 240 for FedX OND.

Tascam was kind enough to even call me with my misplaced reg. # and give it to me, so I be rolling right now. During a hardware and OS upgrade I seemed to have lost my info.

I really haven't used GS3 since I upgraded to GVI. I run it w/ a couple of hosts, Forte and Bidule, and only used it to make new performances for GVI.

I am w/o my tech ATM, so this will be a big chore 4 me, but this was such a suprise, that I was unprepared. But my hardware and O.S. upgrades wer done in advance for me, so it should be a snap.

I will definately post my results, and refuse to sleep until it's running.

But if you have GS3, call Sweetwater and see if there's one left.

Fingers Crossed.

can you tell me if it support memory "purge" by unloading unused samples?
    it's not for me, but for a friend of mine who has vienna symphonic library and giga3...
    thanks! ;-)

It loads 16 gigs of ram?
    In under 60 seconds...
    Oh, is there a Mac installer?
    I've been without a couple of samples since going to my Mac Pro, I miss them, but I'm glad to be back with Logic.
    Keep us in the loop...

Quote Originally Posted by seclusion
    Oh, is there a Mac installer?
    I've been without a couple of samples since going to my Mac Pro, I miss them, but I'm glad to be back with Logic.
    Keep us in the loop...
    I think Gigastudio 4 will still be PC only....it's GVI 4 (Giga Virtual Instrument) that's supposed to be PC *and* Mac.

we'll see....
    Mac G5 DP 2.3, Os 10.4.11, 4 Gig RAM running DigiPerf 5.13, PTools LE 7.4, Sibelius 5, Finale 2008,
    P4 1.7 Gig, XP SP2, 2 Gig RAM,running GigaStudio 3.2,
    3 x 20" LCDs, 2 x MOTU MTP AVs, Digi 002r
    Kurz K2000r, Roland XV-3080, Emu Pro II, Kurz PC2r, Alesis DM-Pro, Kurz Midiboard

Well don't get excited guys.

Sweetwater is a great place to shop, but they have 2 strikes now.

The first strike was when they posted it on their site and I bought it 2 months ago. Even though my Teac connects say " WHAT ? ". So when Sweetwater called me and said we are sorry we don't have it until Februrary, I forgave them, and said keep the money. Just ship it to me when you get it.

So when they called me Thursday and said they were shipping it to me, I said to ship it overnight, as I had just done a serious hardware / software upgrade in preparation for GS4.

At any rate my fiancee said the box says GS3 to GS4 upgrade, as does my receipt, I even asked her to see if the box had a dongle, and it did.So I was so excited, but she is not totally knowledgable about anything except Scope DSP cards, so I am stuck w/ GVI in the wrong box.

This is rather tortorous as you could imagine I race back from the airport to see this, and was told by Teac/Tascam guys, no way you have this. So I apologise to everyone here that it HAS NOT ARRIVED.

Sweetwater are still O.K. by me, but 3 strikes and your out in my ball game.

Of course they will re-emburse me the Overnight shipping charge of 45 USD, but they really need to watch their P's & Q's for a while as other people were called and will be angry when they open the box to find something other than what they purchased.

Once I apologise,.........but I want it even more now.

Bummer Jimmy!

Maybe you could order a time machine from Sweetwater. That would solve everything!

Let me know when you bring back some nanobot violin players and synths.

Go Back to forum