• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ivory for Leo update

Share/Bookmark

Ivory for Leo update

FYI Ivory has been updated to 1.7 and works with Leopard and for me in Logic 8.01 no problems.
    As well please notice that Ivory will need to be authorized to an iLok now.
    Later

Re: Ivory for Leo update

i thought the ilok was just an option.
    i really hope they will keep the challenge/response for their old customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    i thought the ilok was just an option.
    i really hope they will keep the challenge/response for their old customers.
    The Synthogy website states:
    Beginning with Ivory version 1.7, all new Ivory products and updates will require an iLok key to run.
    http://www.synthogy.com/register/ilok_information.html

The v1.64 update is the last non-iLok update. v1.7 onward require an iLok.

Thats a major bummer!
    Guess the market will get flooded with 2nd hand Ivories and mine will be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    Thats a major bummer!
    Guess the market will get flooded with 2nd hand Ivories and mine will be one of them.

I highly doubt that will be enough to flood the market with 2nd hand Ivories. People may not like iLok but I don't think many people will bail because of it.

Anyway, I was this close to getting one, and now I'm not. Just don't like dongles

I also have been considering buying Ivory and most likely won't now. Synthology has in effect now protected themselves from my money. By the same token I'm now considering picking up Logic, something I absolutely never would have done back when that required a dongle.

Personally I like the iLok. Wherever I go my authorizations can go with me.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Angry Re: Ivory for Leo update

This is AWFUL news. I use Ivory live, now it's going to be a major pain. I feel ripped off. It wasn't dongled when I bought it!!

Quote Originally Posted by musicjon
    This is AWFUL news. I use Ivory live, now it's going to be a major pain. I feel ripped off. It wasn't dongled when I bought it!!
    Unfortunately, Synthogy is probably reacting to having Ivory available on warez sites. Contrary to popular belief, there are still some products that use iLok and Syncrosoft eLicenser that have not yet been cracked (e.g. EWQL PLAY titles, VSL Vienna Instruments).

Some manufacturers seem willing to live with a certain level of piracy using a Challenge/Response system, while others feel the need to implement a dongle solution.

Quote Originally Posted by TechEverlasting
    By the same token I'm now considering picking up Logic, something I absolutely never would have done back when that required a dongle.
    Apple Logic may be a special case situation since Apple may be willing to trade money lost on software piracy in exchange for increased Apple hardware sales. You buy Logic, then decide you need a nice new more powerful MacPro, and/or decide you need a MacMini to use as a Logic node.

Apple may be treating Logic similar to the iPod -- very little money made on songs but big bucks made selling the iPod hardware. Even if Apple only breaks even with Logic sales, it helps drive additional hardware sales.

Go Back to forum