• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Video

Share/Bookmark

Video

Here is my entry into a competition to compose music for this video This was the first time I have ever tried to synch music to a video and went with trying to match what was happening in the video vs a piece to depict the mood. I have effects for all of the falling stars and movements of this and that....

I did this around the same time I was studying for a number of tests, so I didn't put a lot of time into it and knew going in that I did not have a chance to win, but didn't really care. (I didn't win)

All GPO

My favorite effect happens when the little guy wakes up and yawns, I have that timed to a bassoon. This was very difficult to do and yet for some odd reason, very satisfying.

Here it is
    Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files

What do you think?

Ron

Re: Video

You have a true hidden talent here Ron!

That was very well done! You hit the cues, movements, feelings, and gestures perfectly while staying melodic and lightly thematic.
    Very impressive.

Really very well done Ron. I'm sure you'll win.

It's amazing what you can do when you "think" your not putting your best forward. A sign of natural and intuitive talent.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Michael

You know just what to say to bring me back.

The competition is already over and I lost, but your comments have helped me thru a bad night. Thank you my friend

Ron

Glad I could be of service.

If you ever would like to talk ...

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Michael

The math course I am trying to teach myself is not going very well and that seems to be getting me down. I'll get over it as soon as I start to understand it.

Thanks

Ron

Ron, this was really well-done!! What you did with this enhanced the feel and story line even more than I was anticipating as I opened the file. Very, very clever stuff in this!

I think you probably know to take contest results with a HUGE grain of salt, regardless of which way they happen to go (easier said than done, I know). This was very much a resounding success, no question.

It's really cool to hear your inimitable style develop and continue to become something truly unique... and tremendously creative.

Keep 'em coming!

Danny

Ron!

OK, I have a new #1 favorite from you - THIS! It is gorgeously done - totally transcends any weaknesses in the recording itself which you indicated you're aware of "...I didn't put a lot of time into it..." - The unique feeling of the art work and design is complimented Perfectly with your sound track work. I am totally stoked and impressed with this!

Randy B.

Danny and Randy

What would my ego do without you guys. Probably just whither away and die. Naw.. it is way too big for that.

Thanks guys

I appreciate it more than you know!

Ron

If I didn't know the scoop I would have thought it was made for it!

It had a gentle impressionistic feel to it for me which worked well for developing empathy for the characters.

Phil

Cool Re: Video

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Here is my entry into a competition to compose music for this video This was the first time I have ever tried to synch music to a video and went with trying to match what was happening in the video vs a piece to depict the mood. I have effects for all of the falling stars and movements of this and that....

I did this around the same time I was studying for a number of tests, so I didn't put a lot of time into it and knew going in that I did not have a chance to win, but didn't really care. (I didn't win)

All GPO

My favorite effect happens when the little guy wakes up and yawns, I have that timed to a bassoon. This was very difficult to do and yet for some odd reason, very satisfying.

Here it is
    Box.net - Free Online File Storage, Internet File Sharing, Online Storage, Access Documents & Files Anywhere, Backup Data, Send Files

What do you think?

Ron
    Hi Ron,

Poetic story with very good animation!

Relaxed pace and the sound effects were sycronized with mathematical precision!

I enjoyed the ride,

Fredrik

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast