• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: Best time-stretch VST?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Best time-stretch VST?

    What is the best time stretching plug in? I'm looking for something that can stretch time about 120% without too many chops or digital artifacts. Am I asking too much?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Best time-stretch VST?

    Quote Originally Posted by karelm
    What is the best time stretching plug in? I'm looking for something that can stretch time about 120% without too many chops or digital artifacts. Am I asking too much?

    Thanks.
    The (Celemony) Melodyne plugin is particularly good at this. You can hear examples of it by listening to the Ueberschall Liquid instrument Series plugins (that use the Celemony Melodyne engine). The engine works quite well on a variety of sources.

    Regards,
    Kevin L

  3. #3

    Re: Best time-stretch VST?

    Paul Stretch is a niffy tool. Not sure if its the "best" but you can get some interesting sounds from it. Free too.

    http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

  4. #4

    Re: Best time-stretch VST?

    You can load your wave file in reaper, and stretch to the % you wish. It use an advanced alghorithm called "ElastiquePro", used by Cubase and many others programs, that gives very good results. Reaper is a shareware program you can use without restrictions.
    Marcelo Colina

  5. #5

    Re: Best time-stretch VST?

    I find the DIRAC algorithm to be the best for music but it's strictly an offline number crunching process even with a very fast pc.

  6. #6

    Re: Best time-stretch VST?

    I agree with Chrisr: For complex / polyphonic material, DIRAC and MPEX 3 define the standard, but they are off-line processes. They are both available in Prosoniq's "TimeFactory 2"
    (-> http://products.prosoniq.com/cgi-bin...etail&refno=38).

    For dry, monophonic material (read: single notes), Melodyne is most likely the way to go.

    HTH,

  7. #7

    Re: Best time-stretch VST?

    120% seems rather a lot to expect. Are you sure that you don't mean 20%?

    D

  8. #8

    Re: Best time-stretch VST?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    120% seems rather a lot to expect. Are you sure that you don't mean 20%?

    D
    Thanks for all the suggestions. By 120% i mean a piece that was 10 minutes long is now 12 minute long. 120% is what I put in SoundForge to get the new time. 20% would only give me a 2 minute cue.

  9. #9

    Re: Best time-stretch VST?

    Quote Originally Posted by karelm
    Thanks for all the suggestions. By 120% i mean a piece that was 10 minutes long is now 12 minute long. 120% is what I put in SoundForge to get the new time. 20% would only give me a 2 minute cue.
    I guessed that this was what you meant. However SoundForge is wrong. If you increase anything by 100%, it gets twice as long.

    D

  10. #10

    Re: Best time-stretch VST?

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    However SoundForge is wrong. If you increase anything by 100%, it gets twice as long.
    And yet... if you increase anything to 120% (i.e., of its original length), it only gets twenty percent longer...

    I haven't used SoundForge in a long time, so I don't recall which preposition they profess to promote...

    .
    — alanb

    ...........................

    http://alanb.org

    http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •