• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi channels in Finale and Midi channels in GPO KP2

Share/Bookmark

Midi channels in Finale and Midi channels in GPO KP2

I recently figured out that Finale 2006 and Kontakt Player 2 are not compatible, and so I'm trying to find some other way to get 2006 and GPO KP2 to work together.

Is there anyway I can get Finale's midi outs to go to KP2's midi in's? They don't quite seem to work with one another. While Finale assigns a straight number, GPO KP2 seems to have four ports, with 16 channels each. How can I get Finale to output midi data to KP2 by just linking inputs and outputs, without directly integrating the two? I really do not want to upgrade to a newer version of Finale just yet, and so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Midi channels in Finale and Midi channels in GPO KP2

If you are on a PC you can use Midi-Yoke to route your MIDI data from Finale to KP2. Midi-Yoke installs 8 virtual MIDI cables (16 channels each) on a WinXP PC. Use one per port.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    If you are on a PC you can use Midi-Yoke to route your MIDI data from Finale to KP2. Midi-Yoke installs 8 virtual MIDI cables (16 channels each) on a WinXP PC. Use one per port.
    Haha, thank you. I just made the switch to mac, so unfortunately I cannot make use of Midi-Yoke. Is there a solution for Intel Mac users, or will I have to use my Windows Boot Camp partition for a while?

It looks like Midi Patchbay does the same. There are probably other Virtual MIDI Cables as well.

Go Back to forum