• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "The Brass Seer"

Share/Bookmark

"The Brass Seer"

Y'all,

Here is my "The Brass Seer", which I wrote using the Concert and Marching Band brass (trumpets, 'bones, "French" horns, baritones and tubas).

I am now in the process of converting many of my other brass ensemble compositions to this sample library.

Regards to all,

Larry

Link:

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...eBrassSeer.mp3
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "The Brass Seer"

Hi Larry,

It took me a moment on the title -- hilarious!

The CMB has certainly done well by you! There's a definite British Brass Band tint to this within its clever twists and turns chordally and melodically. You're definitely getting great sounds out of the brass which highlight the cleverness of your writing.

Well done, my friend!!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DDW
    Hi Larry,

It took me a moment on the title -- hilarious!

The CMB has certainly done well by you! There's a definite British Brass Band tint to this within its clever twists and turns chordally and melodically. You're definitely getting great sounds out of the brass which highlight the cleverness of your writing.

Well done, my friend!!

Danny
    Many thanks, Mr. Danny, for taking the time to listen and comment.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Love it, Larry - It's one of your best recordings ever, and an excellent demo of CMB to boot - well, not that I want to BOot it. You certainly worked out the technical problems you posted about a few days ago. Congrats! Really nice music.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Love it, Larry - It's one of your best recordings ever, and an excellent demo of CMB to boot - well, not that I want to BOot it. You certainly worked out the technical problems you posted about a few days ago. Congrats! Really nice music.

Randy B.
    Thank you, young thespian.

I still have a lot to learn about that particular sample library but I'm tryin' hard.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Loved this piece, a really nice quirky marching band / sea side band stand element to it. Almost felt myself swaying along with it. Nice use of GPO although I personal think you could have increased the volume over all or given the rbighter instruments a bit of a boost as it sounded a little softened to my ears, but then that could have been just down to my speakers.

All said and done a great piece, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by daveclissold
    Loved this piece, a really nice quirky marching band / sea side band stand element to it. Almost felt myself swaying along with it. Nice use of GPO although I personal think you could have increased the volume over all or given the rbighter instruments a bit of a boost as it sounded a little softened to my ears, but then that could have been just down to my speakers.

All said and done a great piece, well done.
    This is not GPO. GPO is Garritan Personal Orchestra which is a totally different sample library.

I don't know what you mean by "...could have increased the volume over all...". My volume is near maximum for most of the composition and is almost to the point of clipping the signal in some places.

The "softened" sound, as you put it, is the effect that I intended.

Thanks for listening.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

It sounds like you have mastered CMB. Well done and a nice piece too.

I agree with Randy that you got have gotten a real good sound here. I'm thinking that you sort of wrote this around the instruments characteristics.

Anyway, you made them shine.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    It sounds like you have mastered CMB. Well done and a nice piece too.

I agree with Randy that you got have gotten a real good sound here. I'm thinking that you sort of wrote this around the instruments characteristics.

Anyway, you made them shine.

Phil
    Thanks, Mr. Phil.

This sample library adds another tool to our composition arsenal, so to speak.

I appreciate your comments.

Best regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

You have such a gift for happy music, not to mention such inventive titles!

Well done once again, sir.

Owen

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast