• Register
  • Help

Topic: A couple of questions regarding the Kontakt 2 player

Share/Bookmark

Question A couple of questions regarding the Kontakt 2 player

Folks, I have been playing around on the Kontakt 2 player this evening with the Strad, and have had some success. I was able to set the velocity setting very low on the old Roland A-80 keyboard, and finally have been able to play individual notes without sounding like they were being attacked.
    I was wondering though, where is the Var 1 and Var 2 controls on the Kontakt 2 player?
    Also, most of my instruments show up with ~ tildes in their name. Does this application not support long file names?

Thanks again for all your help, advice, and encouragement!

Re: A couple of questions regarding the Kontakt 2 player

Quote Originally Posted by rfdillon
    Folks, I have been playing around on the Kontakt 2 player this evening with the Strad, and have had some success. I was able to set the velocity setting very low on the old Roland A-80 keyboard, and finally have been able to play individual notes without sounding like they were being attacked.
    I understand, however I don't need a change in velocity setting, just a sensible touch and some editing here and there.

I was wondering though, where is the Var 1 and Var 2 controls on the Kontakt 2 player?
    Not there for Strad and Gofriller, only for CaMB, JaBB and GPO.

Also, most of my instruments show up with ~ tildes in their name. Does this application not support long file names?
    Yes it does, where exactly are you seeing the tildes?
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Thumbs up Re: A couple of questions regarding the Kontakt 2 player

I just played around with the column widths under the Instruments, and that fixed the problem with the tildes. I had to drag the column widths to the right and then I could see the full names of the instruments, not the shortened ones that I had been seeing.

I also opened up a trumpet, from GPO,then was able to see the Var1 and Var 2 knobs.
    Thanks for your reply!

Great, enjoy the instrument!
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Hi, rfdillon

"...I also opened up a trumpet, from GPO,then was able to see the Var1 and Var 2 knobs..."

So you understand now that whatever controls are available for each instrument are the ones you see in each individual GUI - Not all instruments have the same controls. Var 1 and 2 are for ensemble instruments in GPO so you can make more realistic groups, but The Strad, being a solo instrument, has no need for those - so it's not part of its programming.

Randy B.

Thumbs up Re: A couple of questions regarding the Kontakt 2 player

Yes, thanks so much for your help!

Go Back to forum