• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pirate's Cove

Share/Bookmark

Pirate's Cove

This one was pretty tough for me, and I'm not sure I'm totally happy with the audio, so any comments would be awesome .

Pirate's Cove
    6:33

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=498460

Kind Regards,

Andy

Re: Pirate's Cove

Hello, Andy

--!!--You really have that big Cinematic sweeping sound-track thing going On in this. Really nice work! I got the sea air, sweeping panoramas, ready-for-adventure feel of it all. And you've moved through your set of themes with panache - Big round of applause! Now I wanna see the mooovie!

What aren't you happy with in the audio, I wonder? It would be interesting to know what combination of libraries you used for this also.

Sounds great to me, Andy - Exciting start to my day!

Randy B.

I enjoyed this very much and would like to see more of your work.
    I thought the sound was fine, FUll of life and action packed!!

Regards,
    Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Hi Andy,

Wow, I like the way you develop the piece! As a horn player, I know I'm biased but I like the way your brass sound.

Playability Comment: Brass players might feel a bit uneasy with some of the large leaps (sevenths and octaves) you've written into some of themes especially because of the fast tempo and/or short note values. The odds of cracking a note on either side of the leaps is on the high side in those instances. But hey, if you've got top players, then no worries, mate.

Regards,

Ken
    (RustyCrook)

Andy,

I agree with Randy that you definately got the wide screen feeling going here. You did hold back one bit. Yeah, the bit jumps are challanging but give it that unique texture and coloring. Thanks for sharing it here.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Hi Andy,

I very much enjoyed the orchestration here. I like the fact that it never degenerated into a straight rhythm. Also the percussion was handled VERY effectively. (I'm jealous, because my percussion always sucks ).

Very beatifully done. Sound wise I think its great. Very cinematic.

Congratulations
    Matt

This was very nice work, Andy!

As others had mentioned.. very epic in scale. ( reminiscent of Pirates of the Caribbean)

Very imaginative and well constructed, utilizing the entire orchestral ensemble.

A magnificent feat!

jeff

Wow, thanks for the replies! It seems to make it all seem worthwhile

I guess I wasn't happy with the audio because I got slammed when I posted this on the East West ~~~~~~~~~~~~ forum (I used the EWQSO Gold Pro patches for this). Got harsh words. I liked the way the percussion came out too, but I guess I could put in more hours on the strings and balance it out better.

I hope you don't mind if I post a link to the score here under its original name "Simeon's Cove." The percussion book is a mess because I can't figure out percussion maps in Finale. But I'll get it in shape. Any comments on the score would be cool too.

http://forum.makemusic.com/attach.as...ateforpost.pdf

Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by andyriggle
    Wow, thanks for the replies! It seems to make it all seem worthwhile

I guess I wasn't happy with the audio because I got slammed when I posted this on the East West ~~~~~~~~~~~~ forum (I used the EWQSO Gold Pro patches for this). Got harsh words. I liked the way the percussion came out too, but I guess I could put in more hours on the strings and balance it out better.

I hope you don't mind if I post a link to the score here under its original name "Simeon's Cove." The percussion book is a mess because I can't figure out percussion maps in Finale. But I'll get it in shape. Any comments on the score would be cool too.

http://forum.makemusic.com/attach.as...ateforpost.pdf

Thanks Again
    So is there any Garritan library in this?

Umm... I do HAVE the Garritan library, but didn't really pull it out for this one .

Andy

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast