• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Be Still

Be Still

. . .for lack of a better title. . .
    It's been a while since I posted anything here. So here goes. Strictly Orchestral this time.

Larry - it has more than one chord!

All GPO with the following enhancements or exceptions:

Piano - Sampletekk's TSO
    French Horns, Trombones, Tuba, enhanced with a highly modified Bigga Orchestral Brass

Shelton, Washington State

Re: Be Still

This is really nice. It's well orchestrated and developed. I really liked the solo flute at the beginning which had a little of that calming new age feel to it.

I thought it would be nice to listen to before sleep as it invokes pleasant thoughts. I'll put it on my iPod nano.

I think it was really well done.

Hi Rob,

I like your composition, development and instrumentation very much!
    I would name it 'An Orchestral Lullaby'.
    Thank you for posting!

How nice!

Rob, I like your composition very much! Very well orchestrated and a great sound!

This would also be a good filmscore!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    I'll put it on my iPod nano.

That'll be $1.00 please.

This is just lovely music, beautifully written and equally beautifully mixed. I too simply loved the flute solo.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Hi, Rob

You're certainly right that it's been awhile since you posted - I just looked it up, and it's been SIX MONTHS! Now, what is wrong with That picture?!

Gorgeous, tranquil piece, so well done - to have "still" in the title is a good idea, appropriate. Dream on it, ask yourself last thing before going to sleep, "What would be a good title?" You may wake up with a good idea. Having a title which is more than just a designation of what it is, ie: "Flute and Orchestra #1", would do it the most justice.

In refreshing my memory about your last post, which was also a lush and beautiful sound-scape, you said you'd been working on a larger project for some time called "Man." I'd like to hear how that's going - Could this present Flute and orchestra composition be part of it?

Thanks so much for the beautiful music.

Randy B.

Hi Randy,

What's wrong with the picture?
    1. I'm too much of a perfectionist.
    2. Time is not my friend. (I have six kids!)
    3. Recently upgraded to a used Mac and Logic 8, so I've been experimenting with new toys! (This mix is a result of some experiments.)

This one is a departure from the bigger project - I guess you could say I needed to take a break from it and try something different.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.

Great job.

Your wife must hate you for spending time composing instead of taking SIX kids off her hands.

Well, keep in mind that Bach had something like 21 kids and still found time to compose.

Well Done

This is beautiful. The words that come to me are: soothing, comforting - images are: running waters, Japanese Gardens.

It also builds to a very nice crescendo then back to the peaceful garden.

Thanks for posting this. Made my day more calm.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast