• Register
  • Help

Topic: OK, I give!! Need help!

Share/Bookmark

OK, I give!! Need help!

I have been trying, however unsuccessfully, to get Kontakt 2 to work correctly for me. First, the specifics of my computer. I have a fairly new HP Dual-Core running at 2.80 GHz, Windows XP Media Edition and 3 gig of ram. Second, before the update, I used Finale 2007 fairly well with Kontakt 1. However since I recently purchased the new Concert & Marching Band, I have been having problems with Finale utilizing Kontakt 2.
    When I'm setting up the sounds I do the usual of going to midi, clicking on Native Instruments VST Setup, then clicking on KontaktPlayer2 for channel 1-16. Everything works fine to this point if I am only using 16 instruments. But I write many times for 25 instruments or more. When I click on channels 17-32 (or any of the other channels) I get the screen of death telling me that Kontakt2 "Could not allocate DFD memory (not enough memory available)! Audio engine will stop!" I have tried to force it, but eventually Finale crashes. What should I have the DFD memory set to? Right now I have it set to the maximum of 360 MB. I could sure use some help here.

Re: OK, I give!! Need help!

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician
    "Could not allocate DFD memory (not enough memory available)! Audio engine will stop!"

This is exacly what happens. You run out of memory.

I have it set to the maximum of 360 MB.
    There is your problem. You use up 360 MB per instrument but have only 2 GB in total. Set the DFD memory back to 60 MB.

The description in the Kontakt player is a little counter-intuitive. Actually if you use less RAM per DFD streaming voices you will get more of them. There are users that use 30 MB on fast systems.

Hope this helps.
    Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Thumbs up Re: OK, I give!! Need help!

Hannes!

Wow, what a difference! I did as suggested and it works great! Thanks so much for the tip!!! Take care.

Gary

Re: OK, I give!! Need help!

Gary,

you are welcome, enjoy!

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Go Back to forum