Finale, notation set, CC#68 legato seems to be working partially, or in reverse.
I'm experiencing some confusing behavior trying to get a string passage to play legato. Background:
* Finale 2007c
* Kontakt 2 player up to date.
* All instruments in the project are from the notation set.
* The part that I'm concentrating on for test is the first violin part, using N-VLNS1 KS.
* Working with a couple of phrases at the beginning of my piece. Originally both were marked with slurs; I removed the second slur for testing. That part always plays detaché, as expected.
* Made a duplicate of the default preferences set in HP for testing.
I'll skip over a number of other experiments that just led to this list.
When the Legato technique on CC#68 is disabled ("Use this technique" cleared), playback is smooth, presumably as legato as should be expected.
When CC#68 is enabled, as is normal operation, playback seems not to be entirely detaché (it's a little hard to tell just how much) but there is a pronounced attack on notes that is not present when CC#68 is disabled.
If the CC#68 technique is re-enabled and the action changed to set to zero instead of 127 rather than disabling it, playback is smooth again.
This seems backwards to me.
When running these tests I made the changes to settings for each one, then saved and closed the project and re-opened to load the instruments fresh. The exception is, after running the last test changing that action of the technique from zero to 127, I could switch back and forth freely and get the results I mentioned.
Re: Finale, notation set, CC#68 legato seems to be working partially, or in reverse.
A little more:
On careful listening, I find that the version where CC#68 is set to zero is not exactly the same as with it turned off. Transitions from one note to the next are sharper and more abrupt, however, the surge that is apparent when set to 127 is not there.