• Register
  • Help

Topic: 5.1 Surround Sound Encoders and Decoders

Share/Bookmark

5.1 Surround Sound Encoders and Decoders

I was curious what everyone used for surround sound encoders and decoders. Are there any semi-cheap software solutions on the encoding end?
    I know I could get a 5.1 decoder with the new SoundBlaster Audigy, but was curious what the going rate for an encoder was.
    thanks
    -zq

Re: 5.1 Surround Sound Encoders and Decoders

check out the kind of loud software. It is very good.
    http://www.kindofloud.com

Also I Dolby has a encoder/decoder

Donnie

I do not quite understand how this works?

If you have a soundcard like Delta 1010 or Aardvark series. There is no extra outlets to connect to surround sound speakers>

So if I wanted to use the new sequencers like Logig Audio/Samplitude or Plug ins that have surround sound capability, how does it work with your existing soundcard, or would I have to purchase a soundcard with surround sound outputs

Please shed some light it is dark in here!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zquarles:
    I was curious what everyone used for surround sound encoders and decoders. Are there any semi-cheap software solutions on the encoding end?
    I know I could get a 5.1 decoder with the new SoundBlaster Audigy, but was curious what the going rate for an encoder was.
    thanks
    -zq
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/ got some nice stand alone apps for surround encoding. I think Kindoflouds Smartcode reuire protools.

/Tobias

Go Back to forum