• Register
  • Help

Topic: Silly Question

Share/Bookmark

Silly Question

Sorry folks this is probably the silliest question ever posted but, I can't figure it out.

I have 2 Garritan libraries....
    1) Jazz & Big Band with Kontakt Player 1
    2) Concert & Marching Band with Kontakt Player 2

Each engine shows only 1 library and Finale 2008 only shows up Concert & Marching Band.

How do I get both libraries under Kontakt 2 engine (allowing me to delete Kontakt 1) and both sowing up in Finale?

Re: Silly Question

Buy Kontakt 2.
    Or 3.

Mark

You do not need to buy Kontakt 2 or Kontakt3.

There is a free Kontakt 2 Player update to Garritan JABB that will allow you to load both CoMB and JABB in the same player.

You will need to download the library update, player update, and a new serial number through the NI Service Center.

Granted, I haven't done this before, but isn't the whole point of the embedded samples-in-an-interface that they are inseperable? Like, for instance, I have two EWQL products (silver and the free demo) on my machine, both run the same version of Kompakt, but they both require there own interface to run, unless I open them in the full version of kontakt. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark LaPierre
    Granted, I haven't done this before, but isn't the whole point of the embedded samples-in-an-interface that they are inseperable? Like, for instance, I have two EWQL products (silver and the free demo) on my machine, both run the same version of Kompakt, but they both require there own interface to run, unless I open them in the full version of kontakt. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark, what you're missing is the change for NI-powered products from Kontakt 1/Kompakt to Kontakt 2. With Kontakt 2 Player libraries, they can all be housed in the same plugin. You are absolutely correct about Kompakt libraries (like EW) though.

Thanks for the info!

M

Go Back to forum