• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JABB Electric Guitar+Distortion Effect

Share/Bookmark

JABB Electric Guitar+Distortion Effect

Has anyone tried using the distortion effect on the Electric Guitar in JABB? I'm wondering because I'm trying to render a ska arrangement of a song and I'm using JABB for the horns, drums, bass, and guitar, but there's no distortion or overdrive pedal for the guitar (which would be nice to have).

If anyone's had good luck with the distortion effect, can you tell me the settings you used (or if you have a seperate plug-in to apply the pedal effect to)
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Re: JABB Electric Guitar+Distortion Effect

Are you using the Kontakt Player as a vst in a host, or as a standalone?
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

Sorry, forgot to add that. I'm using KP as a vst instrument. One instance for everything else, and another instance for just the guitar, since the distortion effect is applied to all instruments in that instance.
    Anthony Abruscato

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

A while ago I played around with the E-Guitar, adding some distortion or echo. You can try and see if you can use one of the patches.

Elektrik Guitar package

The VibAmnt knob (CC#3) is an alternative to AfterTouch, in case your Keyboard lacks this - you can use either one. WhamBar knob (CC#5) sets the amount of whammy bar vibrato. Both kinds of vibrato use VibSpd (CC#17) to set Vibrato speed.

The FX patches use 5-7 different Insert Effects (distortion, flanger, chorus, saturation, reverb, convolution, High-Pass filter) to achieve the effect.

Just unpack the file to the 05 Guitars folder.

I'm using KP as a vst instrument. One instance for everything else, and another instance for just the guitar, since the distortion effect is applied to all instruments in that instance.
    In Kontakt player, you should be able to put effects per instrument too, by either routing the guitar instrument's audio to it's own channel in the kontakt mixer and choosing an effect there, or using an insert effect which are accessed by pressing on the wrench icon on the instrument in the rack.
    IF all instruments are routed to one channel in KP mixer, then yes you will have the effect on everything, but this can easily be re-routed as mentioned above..there shouldn't be any need for a unique instance for the guitar.
    Hope that makes sense and having said that, there are also tons of 3rd party VST options if you want to process\distort outside of Kontakt (ie insert effects on the track in the DAW). Freeamp 3 is a very feature rich guitar amp\cabinet simulator, and if you do a search for VST amp simulators and\or distortion effects you should come up with a boatload of freebies from amp sims to guitar fx pedal plugins.
    The filterable search at KVR can't be beat for finding plugins. Also this thread came up today over at KVR:
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203085
    Last edited by chesterdesmond; 01-08-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: more info
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

Quote Originally Posted by chesterdesmond
    In Kontakt player, [....] or using an insert effect which are accessed by pressing on the wrench icon on the instrument in the rack.
    Not possible in Kontakt Player. This is a Kontakt option only.

ah my bad.. I have both and tend to get their features mixed up.. Thanks Nickie..routing within the player is valid though?

Yes, KP2 will let you assign each instrument to a different set of audio channels, and you can use a different set of effects on each channel.
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Thanks everyone, I found some pretty good freebies, so I'll give those a try.
    Anthony Abruscato

Hi, Raz - You've gotten some good guidance on this thread.

I'm here to ask if you understand now that this isn't correct, what you wrote:

"...One instance for everything else, and another instance for just the guitar, since the distortion effect is applied to all instruments in that instance..."

Your instruments can be in One instance of KP2. When you ask to see the mixer, the effects you then choose are only applied to those channels.

But of course you have to have each instrument directed to a different mixer channel - And you can have up to 12 instruments and channels in a KP2 instance.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum