• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Topic: "Influtuation"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Influtuation"

    Y'all,

    I submit my "Influtuation" for your perusal.

    The accompaniment for a work of this type can stand on its own and doesn't have to be a boring boom-chuck, boom-chuck type of thing, as long as it doesn't overshadow the "star" of the show...the solo instrument.

    The GPO Flute V and Garritan Authorized Steinway piano are featured.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Influtuation"

    This is great, Larry! A real concert piece, and I believe my favorite of all of your works that I've had the pleasure to hear.

    I loved the careful articulation in the flute. Very realistic.



    5 smilies awarded!

    Owen

  3. #3

    Re: "Influtuation"

    Quote Originally Posted by englishgent
    This is great, Larry! A real concert piece, and I believe my favorite of all of your works that I've had the pleasure to hear.

    I loved the careful articulation in the flute. Very realistic.



    5 smilies awarded!

    Owen
    Thank you Mr. Englisher Gentleperson and I appreciate the five claps also. Wait...that didn't sound right.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Red face Re: "Influtuation"

    What a thoroughly enjoyable and uplifting piece. It was very Claude Bolling like (a definite compliment), with a hint of Scott Joplin. Lots of movement and variation, and the play between flute and piano was a very nice touch.

    Thanks for the listen,
    Trond

  5. #5
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,015

    Re: "Influtuation"

    It was enjoyable and good lesson in counterpoint piano accompaniment.

    The flute has always been one of the better sampled instruments and it sure sounds nice here.

    Your pieces are always structurally strong and full of life.

    We had 3" of wet snow this morning. The dog wet in the corner of my bedroom. I guess I would too if I was 105.


    Phil

  6. #6
    Senior Member sosmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    667

    Re: "Influtuation"

    Larry:
    I agree that this has got to be one of your better endeavours. You are living proof that "an OLD dog CAN teach us some new tricks!"
    Very solid in all phases.

    sos

  7. #7

    Re: "Influtuation"

    Dear Larry,

    very intersting and nice work which have you compose here.
    Thank's for sharing this with us.

    All my best

    JL

  8. #8

    Re: "Influtuation"

    Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    What a thoroughly enjoyable and uplifting piece. It was very Claude Bolling like (a definite compliment), with a hint of Scott Joplin. Lots of movement and variation, and the play between flute and piano was a very nice touch.

    Thanks for the listen,
    Trond
    ...and thank YOU for listening, Mr. Trond.

    Best regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9

    Re: "Influtuation"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    It was enjoyable and good lesson in counterpoint piano accompaniment.

    The flute has always been one of the better sampled instruments and it sure sounds nice here.

    Your pieces are always structurally strong and full of life.

    We had 3" of wet snow this morning. The dog wet in the corner of my bedroom. I guess I would too if I was 105.


    Phil
    The temperature is thirty-nine degrees Fahrenheit in Tyler, Texas - USA as we speak. The sunny South? It's an ice age!

    Many thanks for your kind words about "Influtuation", Mr. Phil. It is just a simple, uncomplicated thing.

    My best to you,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Influtuation"

    Quote Originally Posted by sosmus
    Larry:
    I agree that this has got to be one of your better endeavours. You are living proof that "an OLD dog CAN teach us some new tricks!"
    Very solid in all phases.

    sos
    Your comments mean a lot to this old person, Mr. Steve. Thank you.

    Live long and prosper!

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •