• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Edge's Theme

Share/Bookmark

Edge's Theme

This is the theme of the main hero character in Golden Age, an audio fantasy/epic play currently in production in the London area.

Edge's Theme

It has an overall heroic feel but goes through various stages throughout. Thanks for listening!

Re: Edge's Theme

Very nice realization. Skillful work. I enjoyed it.

Which Garritan sample library did you use?

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hehe,

as soon as something is sounding too well it is getting suspicious, LOL But it is GPO in there, and I remember Sam additionally using some EW silver and a VSL horns patch.

Very good sounding indeed, Sam. The flute could be better though, cough, cough ... try the GPO version ... cough, cough

Best
    Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes_F
    Hehe,

as soon as something is sounding too well it is getting suspicious

Hannes
    There's no suspicion involved in my message to him. I am just asking him a simple question. Period.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thanks for the comments

GPO and the Solo Strad are used in this, the violin is used to support the strings passages and give them a subtle legato feel, though I probably mixed it too low as it is not very noticeable. The main brass is SO Silver, with supporting brass from GPO. Horn is VSL. Percussion is GPO, SO Silver, and percussion sounds from my keyboard. Actually, most of the flutes are in fact GPO, mixed ensemble as well as the solo v and nv. There are staccato flute motifs here and there that are not GPO however. The main strings are a mixture of GPO and some custom strings from my keyboard. Main harp is GPO as well except for some glissando parts.

Most of the time for my music, GPO will be filtered through a saturated reverb and EQ. I almost never use a single library exclusively as so far I have not found one that satisfies my tastes 100%. I like most of GPO except for the brass. I like the brass in EWQLSO, but many of the sounds are actually a bit too diluted IMO. Every library has its strengths and weaknesses and I try to get the best out of them all, though it is often difficult to get them working well together, and the end result is usually something that doesn't really sound like any particular sample library.

Hopefully this clears things up a bit. I appreciate the comments, and I am happy to answer any more questions

I like it. At first I thought you were going to say that it was the theme from the fantasy video game Final Fantasy!

I think the brass patches sound pantastic, especially the lower trombones and the concert horns. I just need to figure out how to pull something like that off now!

AAh, thanks, Sam - I was hoping you'd be back soon with more from your big epic radio production. Exciting stuff, love what you're doing--Thanks!

Randy B.

Sam,

This is excellent. You used the word "epic" and this is certainly epic in every sense of the word. Love the depth of the work, the deep supporting sounds with the thematic music riding atop.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

As usual excellent work. I like it.

It sounds to notch Sam.

I take it this is another radio show.

Radio shows are great for the mind. You get to use your imaginator as I think Red Skelton use to put it.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast