• Register
  • Help

Topic: Re instrument set up in midi

Share/Bookmark

Re instrument set up in midi

I recently started my CMB and really appreciate that after selecting each instrument it's not necessary to click the search as it has been on both GPO and JAAB.
    Is that current, or can I download something which duplicates the CMB on my other two programs?
    Gary

Re: Re instrument set up in midi

I've never had to click search in GPO so there is probably something odd about your installation paths.

Are you using Kontakt Player or full Kontakt? Are you talking about 'searching for samples' when you load a patch?

Thanks for responding, LOW.
    As you enter new instruments on the NATIVE INSTRUMENT AUDIO UNIT SETUP, a search spotlight
    opens up to initiate a search(for that instrument.) This occurs on both my Jazz & GPO, but is automatic on the CMB.
    Gary

Gary,

I have the opposite problem. JABB and GPO have always found the instruments. CoMB on both my x32 and x64 partitions always wants to search for the .wav files. It's pointed to the correct location but still gives me this issue.

Jim

----I don't get what you guys are talking about---?

All my Garritan libraries (GPO, JABB, CMB and The Strad) behave the same way. I open KP2, I select a library, I select an instrument, and it loads. -

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    ----I don't get what you guys are talking about---?

All my Garritan libraries (GPO, JABB, CMB and The Strad) behave the same way. I open KP2, I select a library, I select an instrument, and it loads. -

Randy B.
    Hey Randy, they're referring to something becoming screwy between the nki instrument definition files and the sample directories. Bascially, the instrument definition file starts loading the wav samples and runs into a problem when it can't find FluteC3.wav in the right directory. So, it opens a second window that gives you the option of searching for the file manually or running an autosearch.

In Gary and Jim's cases, the samples are seemingly in the correct directory, but the definition file still can't find them. It's odd behavior, though I suspect it can be remedied by opening up the patch in Kontakt 2 (and possibly Kontakt Player 2) and re-saving it. I'm not sure whether the "Use absolute sample path" option should be checked, but you might try it both ways and see which works. (I think it should be checked, so that as long as you don't move the path to the nks monolith files, K2 knows exactly where they are.)

Best,
    Reegs

OH! Ok, thanks for the explanation, Reegs.

"...the "Use absolute sample path" option should be checked..."

I would think so - That's the way my KP2 is, and I think it's the default--? --Why have that unchecked?

Never have had this problem.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    I would think so - That's the way my KP2 is, and I think it's the default--? --Why have that unchecked?
    Unchecking it allows you to move folders around on your system. It applies more to open libraries where the samples are not locked. It preserves the relative position of subfolders, so you could move your "Celtiberic War Horn" nki's from C:\WarHorn to C:\Ethnic\WarHorn and, provided WarHorn.nki was within the WarHorn folder, when the nki went to load HornC4.wav it would look for the wave file in a path relative from the nki. It would know to find the sample as [wherever warhorn.nki is]\samples\HornC4.wav, where in an absolute path it would look for it in C:\WarHorn\samples\HornC4.wav.

Absolute paths are handy when you are uncertain where the nki's will end up but know where the samples will be, while relative structures are good when you know the nki is going to stay in the same folder structure as the sample.

Best,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum