• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A big THANK YOU to Gary!

Share/Bookmark

A big THANK YOU to Gary!

Yes, yes, the usual stuff!

Yet another user comes to say thank you! At least you know me already!

But, but a bit of details, without being too specific!

Everybody knows that Gary is a nice guy. Some people (read, none in this forum as far as I know) think that he has also an evil side, that deals with marketing: nice guy = better marketing. I've met this opinion in other forums plenty of times! 'Tis not true however. NOT AT ALL! Not in the many cases that I know personally!

I cannot get more specific, since it would insult Mark (the owner of NSS), and thus I'll stop here mentioning that there is a thin line which seperates pure marketing and being kind and sincere and honest (and nice, yes), and Gary is obviously and frankly to the side of being kind, honest, sincere and NICE! The kind of nice, where you don't expect something, and it just happens. Because Gary did it!

A big thank you, then.

And for the rest: Welcome me to the world of Garritan. I'll be posting (asap, which won't be too soon I'm afraid ) a big big work!

Re: A big THANK YOU to Gary!

I'll second that! Gary isn't nice to be manipulative. He's the real deal.

I just got back from CES. Too bad Gary & co. didn't have a booth this year. I've really enjoyed spending time with them at previous shows. But with NAMM during the same month, I can appreciate why they might not go to Vegas in January.

All the best in Anaheim!

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    You never know, he may have plans to be evil overlord of the universe...

Just kidding. Gary is as nice as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    You never know, he may have plans to be evil overlord of the universe...
    Now that Bill Gates has retired....

Hi Nikolas,

Thanks for the kind comments. I really enjoy what I do and especially getting to know so many wonderful and talented people.

The 'evil marketing' plan is as follows: I try to rely on following the golden rule "do unto others", giving customers more than they expect, be transparent and keep users informed, building up and encouraging users, and giving my very best.

There are many comments born of ignorance and it goes with the turf. But such comments are only minor burps that occur when enjoying such a delicious banquet with good people.

Best,

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Yes, yes, the usual stuff!

Yet another user comes to say thank you! At least you know me already!

But, but a bit of details, without being too specific!

Everybody knows that Gary is a nice guy. Some people (read, none in this forum as far as I know) think that he has also an evil side, that deals with marketing: nice guy = better marketing. I've met this opinion in other forums plenty of times! 'Tis not true however. NOT AT ALL! Not in the many cases that I know personally!

I cannot get more specific, since it would insult Mark (the owner of NSS), and thus I'll stop here mentioning that there is a thin line which seperates pure marketing and being kind and sincere and honest (and nice, yes), and Gary is obviously and frankly to the side of being kind, honest, sincere and NICE! The kind of nice, where you don't expect something, and it just happens. Because Gary did it!

A big thank you, then.

And for the rest: Welcome me to the world of Garritan. I'll be posting (asap, which won't be too soon I'm afraid ) a big big work!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

The 'evil marketing' plan is as follow: I try to rely on following the golden rule "do unto others", giving customers more than they expect, be transparent and keep them informed,
    I follow that rule too, and you know, that if I knew anything about a release of some kind of GPOA, even a rough date, I would let people know asap...so Gary, any chance of a hint of a smidgen of info about GPOA or the next revolution in orchestral sampling that youve got instore for us?! :-p

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols
    I follow that rule too, and you know, that if I knew anything about a release of some kind of GPOA, even a rough date, I would let people know asap...so Gary, any chance of a hint of a smidgen of info about GPOA or the next revolution in orchestral sampling that youve got instore for us?! :-p
    Hi Ben,

We're making good progress. I really don't like giving dates because of Murphy's Law that keeps interrupting the best of intentions. Last year we had no idea the setbacks we would encounter with the K2 Player. Now that those issues are manily solved we are focusing our efforts on the new libraries with our new player. Developing the ARIA software engine was much more involved than ever imagined but now it will ship soon with the Steinway. We hope to have the strings portion of GPOA finished this winter (don't hold me to it).

Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols
    Hi Ben,

I'm looking forward to GPOA too - but in a kind of way, it's already here, and it hasn't cost a penny!!! I've been using GPO since 2004 and the results I'm getting now are just so much better than a few years ago. Some (perhaps a lot) of that is down to my own experience and some is also down to improvements in Finale and Human Playback for which I have had to fork out every year. But I swear that over the past few years the samples, player and programming have been continuously improved (at no cost to us the consumer) to the point we almost take it for granted. Yep, I am looking forward to the new releases but in the mmeantime, a BIG thank you to Gary and the team for getting us to where we are today.

Regards, Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst

I just got back from CES. Too bad Gary & co. didn't have a booth this year. I've really enjoyed spending time with them at previous shows. But with NAMM during the same month, I can appreciate why they might not go to Vegas in January.

All the best in Anaheim!
    Hi Jon,

Missed seeing you this year at CES. With so many projects in development with our new player, we decided to take a breather from CES this year. I miss all the excitement of CES. We hope to be there again next year.

If you are at NAMM please come by and say hello.

My best,

Gary

Shake it off, Stomp it Down and Rise to the Next Level.

One of the important lessons I learned in life is to rise above those who would put you down. To take the high road in life. Adversity is inevitable and we can run away from it or rise above it.

This reminds me of a story my father once told me. It's a story about a mean old farmer who steals his neighbor's horse and tries to bury the animal alive. This farmer digs a large pit and pushes the horse into it, and then shovels dirt back in the hole as fast as he can.

But do you know what the horse does? That horse shakes off the dirt the farmer is shoveling and stomps it down with his hooves. He continues to shake off the dirt being thrown at him and, with bold determination, rises to the next level.

The more dirt the farmer throws dirt at the horse, the higher he rises, until the horse walks out of the now-filled-up hole and goes home.
    He Shakes it off, Stomps it Down and Rises to the Next Level.

In life some people will try say things to make you feel bad. There will be lies and falsehoods spread by hateful and hurtful people. Some may do so in attempt to make themselves feel more important, some because of jealousy, or because they have a misperception, or a weakened will, or are misled by malicious people.

No matter what anybody says, or anyone does, take a lesson from the horse and Shake it off, Stomp it Down and Rise to the Next Level.

Go Back to forum