• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Energies of the Life-stream" (THE LAST TIME YOU GUYS WILL HEAR FROM THIS!!!)

Share/Bookmark

"Energies of the Life-stream" (THE LAST TIME YOU GUYS WILL HEAR FROM THIS!!!)

Hey you guys! I know I've been posting this same thing over and over again; however, everytime I post it, something new has been added to it.

Thank you guys for all of your attention. It means a lot. I have finally found a way to say, "I'm finished!" I put in some transitions, added some voice-overs, and some ambient effect to make it seem more, "real" per say.

Like someone earlier told me, "if you listen to it long enough, it will tell you the name." Well... that couldn't be any more true! Thanks for that advice!
    I finally figured it out... my show is going to be called "Energies of the Life-stream." The repertoire includes, Rush, A Quiet Place to Think, and Battle of the Heart.

However, I have called each movement a different energy of the life stream. That would be Drive, Mind, and Heart.

http://www.whiteoakband.com/energiesofthelifestream.mp3

Here's the explanation of the show:

Drive: Focused on motivation, perseverance, and determination.... drive is the energy in our life that gets us through everything, including the "Rush" of every day life.

Mind: The essence of dreams comes from the power of the mind. It gives us the power to be innovative and the ability to make our dreams come true, if one listens to it well enough.

Heart: The main energy of life.... it is possesses the energy of love. Life begins AND ends with the beat of a heart... it creates passion and unifies all of the energies.

Excerpt from the show:
    "Drive, Mind, and Heart.... these are the energies of the life-stream. It is these that make life as diverse as it is. One cannot exist without the other. All in all, life is what you make of it.... with all of these in mind, only YOU can determine how far you'll go."

Hope you guys like it.... pardon the extra sounds, I added it to make it seem more realistic :-P.

Nieves Villasenor

P.S. It's alright if you guys don't feel the need to comment on this one, I've made you guys listen to this whole show over and over again throughout the months of its development. I just wanted to give you guys a glimpse of the final product. If I ever post something about it again, it'll definitely be a live recording of whenever it finally gets performed!

Re: "Energies of the Life-stream" (THE LAST TIME YOU GUYS WILL HEAR FROM THIS!!!)

nieves

This kept a smile on my face the whole way thru. Great stuff

I don't know what kind of software you are using, but there are guys here who can help you get rid of the machine gun effect that is the bane of fast works. Just tell everyone what your software is, and I am sure you will get some help with it.

Well done

Ron

Re: "Energies of the Life-stream" (THE LAST TIME YOU GUYS WILL HEAR FROM THIS!!!)

Hi, Nieves

Well I for one am certainly not tired of you running this stuff by us here.

Nice! Fun stuff, adding the voice overs. And the whole recording is sounding mighty fine to me.

Thanks also for the text describing the impetus behind the pieces.

No tech notes from me--I just had a great time listening!

Randy B.

It is a really nice percussive tour de force.

The only spot that sounded a little mechanical to me was the snare roll at 1:58.

It's going pretty fast so there might not be room for any nudging of the beats.

It was exciting to listen to.

Phil

Very cool! Please post if you ever get a live recording!

Though the computer version ain't half bad either .

Reegs

Loved it! The narrative in this, by the way, to me,
    really adds a great deal to the piece... as did the
    ambient work.

I had to laugh a bit over your "chronic revisionism".
    Just so you know, well, just about all of us do it!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum