I just got my Echo Mia Midi in today (yay!) and have been using it to record. It's nice to have all these recording options, but the card only allows direct output through it's own outputs. My intention was to use it for recording, but then set playback to go out my X-Fi, which is my primary card for listening and will be far superior for that purpose once I have modded it. The problem is, I need to somehow get the output from the Mia into the input of the X-Fi and I would not like to use a cable. Is there a way to do this with software? I've tried some obvious methods, but they don't work.

There is only one 1/8" to dual mono 1/4" Y cable on the market and it has a reputation for failing. If I were to get a cable, I would be making my own, but the parts would run me over $15.00. I don't want to spend that money if I don't have to.

This is what I'm trying to do:

--> Mia out --> X-Fi input --> X-Fi output --> My headphones
-
-

Guitar/MIDI --> Mia In -
-
-
-
->Sequencer Recording

Using this method, I will be able to record at full quality on my Mia and monitor in real time with my X-Fi.

EDIT: The post format got screwed up. The hyphens in red on my diagram should all line up.