• Register
  • Help

Topic: My attempt at podcasting about composing...

My attempt at podcasting about composing...

I've started a podcast about my adventures in composing music... I've been meaning to do this for a loooong time, but I finally began this week. It's of course still in its rough early stages; definitely still all kinds of things I can improve on.

It's not really so much about music theory (which I doubt I'd really be qualified to teach any more than the very basics of anyway) but more about my thought processes while composing, so that hopefully non-composers or just-beginning composers would enjoy it as well.

I'm hoping it will encourage me to continue to compose and learn about music. Hopefully maybe someone here will find it interesting as well, at least if you enjoy my music...

It's called "The Compose Pile"

"Decomposing scores of notes."

My mom thought up the title... moms are great.

Thanks for reading through my shameless self plug.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: My attempt at podcasting about composing...

Nice job. I especially like the opening quotes from Amadeus.

I've been thinking about doing this for a while. Very nice job. I look forward to hearing more.

Have a good day, my friend.
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: My attempt at podcasting about composing...

Good luck with this, Sean Patrick. Tell your Mama that I like the title. Very clever!

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

Go Back to forum