• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need help with Fruity Loops

Share/Bookmark

Need help with Fruity Loops

Hi. I'm trying out different sequencers and one I really like is Fruity Loops. The only problem I'm having is that my keyboard doesn't have a mod wheel, and I have to enter the Mod wheel data manually, and I can't figure out how to in Fruity Loops. Can someone tell me how, because the help file ain't helping me, and I don't know how to remap the pitchwheel in Fruity Loops or Midi-Ox
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Re: Need help with Fruity Loops

This might help. Look for MFX Key Tweaker
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

1) You need to be creating MIDI-OUT channels for any real implementation of GPO in FL Studio. This tutorial tells you how.

2) This one is a bit more in-depth, except for one minor error relating to KP2 that we're still trying to figure out.

Pretty sure they both tell you how to manually enter mod data.

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Chris is spot on with this. It's quite easy to do once you've set it up the first time. Assigning CC1 to the large slider is great as it's easy to use.

If you don't get the right expression the first time when playing, FL will let you record -just- the expression until you get it right without having to re-record the playing again - sweet.

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for. It sounds alot easier to use than the pitchbend wheel, since that slider won't bounce back.
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Go Back to forum