• Register
  • Help

Topic: question about keyswitching

Share/Bookmark

question about keyswitching

Hi,

I'm a new user of the Garritan Gofriller. This is one beautiful sounding cello.

I've been messing with the keyswitching and I'm a little confused about the attack and what is displayed in the attack window of the kontakt2 player.

When I first load the instrument, I understand that the default is to start with the C1:Automatic Mono Legato/polyphonic mode. This setting loads with the staccato attack which I can see in the attack window. If I then switch to F1:Marcato Attack, I can see this new attack displayed in the attack window.

If after pressing F1 (Marcato) then switching back to C1 (which used to have a Staccato attack) the window still displays Marcato. Is the attack type independet of C1? So the C1:Automatic Mono Legato mode can be played with the attacks of keyswitchs E1-staccato, F1-marcato, F#-martele? Does this mean that when changing to these different attacks, the player remains in the automatic mode and just the kind of attack changes?

Thanks for any help,

Tadpole

Re: question about keyswitching

Hi Tad,

s the attack type independet of C1? So the C1:Automatic Mono Legato mode can be played with the attacks of keyswitchs E1-staccato, F1-marcato, F#-martele? Does this mean that when changing to these different attacks, the player remains in the automatic mode and just the kind of attack changes?
    Yes, I believe you are correct, at least, that's what the manual says on p. 31. Whenever I'm in doubt of things like this, or the manual isn't exactly clear, creating a few test cases usually clears things up (but sometimes not ).

Oh, and welcome to the Garritan Forum!

Re: question about keyswitching

Darwinkopp,

Thanks for your quick help and the nice welcome!

Go Back to forum