• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Thumbs up Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX


    We are pleased to announce our second video tutorial featuring Stylus RMX and Nine Volt Audio loops.

    The free tutorial is titled, "Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX"

    Some of the concepts covered include:

    - Combining Effects in RMX's Master FX rack

    - Using RMX's "MIDI Learn" function to control a multitude of parameters with your keyboard's mod wheel

    - How to create and save your own "Morphing" effect presets for use in any project

    We also provide eight free "Morphing" RMX effect presets, including the main one featured in the tutorial.

    You can view the video at:
    www.ninevoltaudio.com
    Click on the "Tutorials" link.

    Nine Volt Audio is not endorsed or affiliated with Spectrasonics.
    Stylus RMX is a trademark of Spectrasonics.
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

  2. #2

    Re: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

    Thanks Kyle, as usual very informative.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

    Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

  3. #3

    Re: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

    You're welcome!

    BTW: A few people emailed stating that they encountered playback issues with the tutorial (voice was chopped up, audio/video was out of sync, "you sounded like Darth Vader" )

    Upon sending the announcement we had 500+ people trying to access the video in the first few hours which tied up our video host's bandwidth.

    It should be good-to-go now, but if you still run into any playback issues, I've added a link on our Tutorials page to the videos on YouTube (although those will be smaller and in mono).

    Thanks!
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

  4. #4

    Re: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

    Quote Originally Posted by NineVOltAudio
    You're welcome!

    BTW: A few people emailed stating that they encountered playback issues with the tutorial (voice was chopped up, audio/video was out of sync, "you sounded like Darth Vader" )

    Upon sending the announcement we had 500+ people trying to access the video in the first few hours which tied up our video host's bandwidth.

    It should be good-to-go now, but if you still run into any playback issues, I've added a link on our Tutorials page to the videos on YouTube (although those will be smaller and in mono).

    Thanks!
    I'm one of the few having playback issues and I think it has nothing to do with bandwidth tied up. The audio artifacts are the same and occurring at the same point at every playback attempt. I think something went wrong during the post production of the video. Anyway, could you make it available for download and off line playback?
    Thanks

  5. #5

    Re: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

    hmmm, I had the opposite happen. That is, at first I had chops, then I waited till later at night and it played without problems..
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

    Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong, CHINA
    Posts
    189

    Re: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

    Just a note to say:

    1) The video seemed to play back with no problems for me at all.

    2) Kyle, you RAWK.

    I'm serious, I just LOVE your stuff, and now I'm getting "behind" and there are 4 of your sets I need to pick up. But I use Chopped Guitars, Downtempo Guitars, and Electronic Guitars ALL the time.

    NOW, if I can just keep my head from exploding until about 48 hours from now, when we'll finally hear what the Spectrasonicans have been up to all this time...


  7. #7

    Re: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

    I'm one of the few having playback issues and I think it has nothing to do with bandwidth tied up. The audio artifacts are the same and occurring at the same point at every playback attempt. I think something went wrong during the post production of the video.
    Everything is resolved and there should not be any other audio weirdness happening with the playback. I apologize to anyone that stopped by to watch and was unable to hear the audio properly.

    OK... for all you techheads: Adobe's last Flash update in Dec (V 9.0115.0) created a problem with .swf files that have embedded MP3s (like our tutorials). Seems it's happening all over the web...

    So, if you have the latest version of Flash, then the audio was sounding messed up. If you have any previous versions, everything was fine.

    I re-formatted all of the .SWF tutorials to .FLV today (strangely there's no issue with that format) and the audio is good now - and the files are much smaller!

    Thanks for your patience!
    Kyle
    www.NineVoltAudio.com
    info@NineVoltAudio.com
    Loop libraries designed for users of Stylus RMX, Reason and other REX format players

  8. #8

    Re: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

    Quote Originally Posted by NineVOltAudio
    Everything is resolved and there should not be any other audio weirdness happening with the playback. I apologize to anyone that stopped by to watch and was unable to hear the audio properly.

    OK... for all you techheads: Adobe's last Flash update in Dec (V 9.0115.0) created a problem with .swf files that have embedded MP3s (like our tutorials). Seems it's happening all over the web...

    So, if you have the latest version of Flash, then the audio was sounding messed up. If you have any previous versions, everything was fine.

    I re-formatted all of the .SWF tutorials to .FLV today (strangely there's no issue with that format) and the audio is good now - and the files are much smaller!

    Thanks for your patience!
    Now it's fine! Thanks a lot for your informations and YOUR patience!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Nigel W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    676

    Re: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

    Hi Kyle,

    great support, thanks!

    Any chance of a QT movie download for those of us who don't like Flash so much, please?

    best

    Nigel

  10. #10

    Re: Video Tutorial: Morphing the Mix with Stylus RMX

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel W
    Hi Kyle,

    great support, thanks!

    Any chance of a QT movie download for those of us who don't like Flash so much, please?

    best

    Nigel
    I concour. My flash is ALWAY gittery and its very annoying. Never have that problem in Quicktime, and I can download it and treasure it for ever. Downloads = permanent advertisement for ninevolt!

    p.s thanks for doing these tutorials. They are VERY cool!! So cool I want to download it

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •