• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO and JABB kontakt player 2

Share/Bookmark

GPO and JABB kontakt player 2

what new features are introduced into GPO and JABB with the kontakt player 2 update. Are there some included scripts or is it a interface update?

Re: GPO and JABB kontakt player 2

Quote Originally Posted by re1man
    what new features are introduced into GPO and JABB with the kontakt player 2 update. Are there some included scripts or is it a interface update?
    It depends which version you already have.

If you are going from 2.2 for example then the update fixes a few bugs including the well-known percussion fix.

If you are going from 2.3 to 2.4 then I'm not entirely certain what benefits there are especially as 2.3 is pretty stable and everything works pretty well. Some members have the 2.4 update and have not reported any problems .. yet
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

sorry i didn't make my question clear, I was actually wondering what the differences were from kontakt player 1 to kontakt player 2

Quote Originally Posted by re1man
    sorry i didn't make my question clear, I was actually wondering what the differences were from kontakt player 1 to kontakt player 2
    Kontakt Player 2 is more than just an interface upgrade from Kontakt Player 1. Perhaps the most important thing is that the latest updates to GPO and JaBB will not work with the old KP1. There have been several improvements and additions in GPO/JaBB and the latest updates to these will only work with KP2. Additionally, we could only load 8 instruments per instance of KP1 whereas in KP2 we can now load the full 16 instruments per instance. Another difference is that in KP2 if you have more than one of Gary's libraries installed such as GPO, JaBB and CoMB then all three (and more if you have them) show in the one player so we can mix and match instruments from these libraries. This wasn't possible under KP1. There are other improvements and fixes so KP2 is most certainly not just an interface tweak. KP2 has huge improvements and benefits over KP1.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum