• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO/wave conflict

Share/Bookmark

GPO/wave conflict

I now have a Tascam US-122L audio/midi interface which, I'm happy to say has solved the audio artifact problem I was having - the GPO tones sound beautiful!

But, unfortunately, when the GPO Studio is loaded, it prevents wave audio from functioning for some reason. This occurs whether I try to play .wav files in Sonar, Windows Media Player, or other audio programs. I am using an ASIO driver.

Any thoughts on how I might be able to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    John

Re: GPO/wave conflict

Hi, John

I use the Tascam US-122, so understand your point of reference.

But I really don't understand from your description what you mean:

"...But, unfortunately, when the GPO Studio is loaded, it prevents wave audio from functioning for some reason. This occurs whether I try to play .wav files in Sonar, Windows Media Player, or other audio programs. I am using an ASIO driver..."

Prevents audio from functioning--? Do you mean that you're not hearing playback--? Do you mean you think Studio is preventing playback, or the Tascam? If you mean the Tascam - are you sure you have directed the audio to play through the Tascam instead of your computer's built in sound card? Because an external audio interface like the Tascam replaces the sound card.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by John Davey
    I now have a Tascam US-122L audio/midi interface which, I'm happy to say has solved the audio artifact problem I was having - the GPO tones sound beautiful!

But, unfortunately, when the GPO Studio is loaded, it prevents wave audio from functioning for some reason. This occurs whether I try to play .wav files in Sonar, Windows Media Player, or other audio programs. I am using an ASIO driver.

Any thoughts on how I might be able to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    John
    Hi John,

ASIO drivers like being the center of the universe. In most applications you'll only be able to use one audio source when ASIO is involved. Try WDM or MME drivers instead if you can. WDM performance can be about the same or slightly below ASIO, though tolerable. Expect higher latencies with MME drivers.

You need to also tell Sonar that it has to share drivers. Go into the Audio tab under Options and tell it to "Share Drivers with other programs."

If you have Sonar, I am curious why you're running Garritan Studio. As you probably know, it is an older program designed to serve as an interface between the Kontakt Player 1 versions of GPO and JABB and midi-capable programs which cannot host their own VSTs. Many improvements in GPO and JABB have come about and the latest use the Kontakt Player 2 engine, which is available as a free update through the NI Service Center application for all registered GPO or JABB users. This Kontakt Player 2 engine integrates all current Garritan libraries and runs as a standalone, similar to studio, as well as a VST and DirectX instrument, either of which will run easily in Sonar alongside WAV files.

Best,
    Reegs

Thanks v much for the advice. I've now downloaded the Kontakt v 2, and it is installing fine into Sonar as a DXi (is there any other way to use it?). However I cannot record any internal synth signals (either on Sonar or elsewhere) - I just get an empty track. (My old external sound module can be recorded fine though!)
    I guess this must be a problem with the audio driver/Tascam US-122L end of things. Any further thoughts greatly appreciated!!
    Cheers,
    John

Go Back to forum