• Register
  • Help

Topic: Need HELP on effects situation.

Share/Bookmark

Need HELP on effects situation.

Alright, I got a Kurzweil K2500XS, Gina 24/96, 4 guitar cables. My gina card has 4 pairs of two outputs. (left/right) My kurzweil has an effects processor in there. What do I do so I can run the output from my Gina, to the input of my keyboard effects, out from the keyboard to the Gina input, and than back out another output with the processed sound? I\'ll kiss someones toes if they can help me here\'.

Re: Need HELP on effects situation.

C\'MON!!! HELP ME OUT!! I\'m polishing my gun.

ALRIGHTTT!!! I know you guys hate this, but I\'m going totally insane here!!!

OK, OK, I really hoped somebody else would reply as I\'m not sure this is the right answer [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I own a K2600X but no sampling option so I can\'t do this. Anyway, try this.....
    connect Gina out to K25 sample Ins, K25 outs to Gina 1,2 In, load your audio prog set track you want effect to out1,2 select another rec track and set in to 1,2 and out to 3,4 (and monitor on) and connect out 3,4( of Gina) to your speakers. (or if you only want to hear the fX just connect K25 outs to speakers.
    Now is where it gets a bit hazy, with your K25 you get some floppies, somewhere on them there should be programs called Live Mode, load one of these(you\'ll need to experiment and RTFM to figure out what each one does) this should pass the audio from the K25 input through the VAST engine and the KDFX processor giving you all sorts of mad stuff. There should also be a vocoder in there somewhere.
    I\'m not near my Kurz or manual so I hope this is enough to get you going (and that I\'m not just rambling [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
    Also I think you need to have KDFX fitted for this to work, but I\'m not sure?

And, you may need to press a key (on the kurz) to trigger it?
    Good luck

Brian

Originally posted by A_Sapp:
    ALRIGHTTT!!! I know you guys hate this, but I\'m going totally insane here!!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

I really hate to see a guy go insane. ....

You might have better luck getting responses to Kurzweil specific questions over at KurzList on yahoo-groups.

HTH,
    Trond

Kurzweil didn\'t help. Anybody ANYBODY know what to do? I\'ve read the manual, which is no help. I\'ve asked maybe with 8 emails to kurzweil, without an answer that works. Help me... ppleeassee.... I\'ve been having this reverb problem for over a month.

Help.

Wish I could help. Did you try calling them? You can still do recordings and use plugins, right?

A_Sapp

Dennis from Bolder sounds has been programming samples for Kurzweil gear for years. It\'s his main axe. His sounds are way more than simple samples of real world instruments he really processes stuff with a vengeance, so he may be able to point you in the right direction.

I don\'t know him, other than from what I\'ve seen posted in the forums, but he seems like an approachable guy who\'d help out if he could.

This address was on his website. Treat it gently [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

mailto:dennis@boldersounds.com

Go Back to forum