• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB Garageband automation parameters

Share/Bookmark

Talking JABB Garageband automation parameters

Hi I am a newbie! (to the forum and jabb)

I use JABB as a AU plugin in Garageband.
    My idea is to try to get the lines better expressive by drawing in various control parameters.

I know that a question is best formulated when you know the answer, which I dont have.

Garageband does not have the capability of drawing many of the Midi continous controllers, while it can draw all the parameters that the plug-in allows. The Kontakt2 sampleplayer AU plugin shows up as a device on which you can control 512 values in real time. I figured out how to assign _some parameters. The parameter numbers can be assigned to functions by dragging knobs in the Kontaktplayer 2 window to the list of host automation numbers.

My question is: Are the other, more direct ways to assign automation parameters.?

I was specifically looking for a way to obtain proper tonguing 'duh' and 'tuh' and perhaps 'deedley' occasionally (or legal double tonguing,)

Maybe I am on a complete wrong track

Re: JABB Garageband automation parameters

Quote Originally Posted by tordenspyd
    Hi I am a newbie! (to the forum and jabb)

I use JABB as a AU plugin in Garageband.
    My idea is to try to get the lines better expressive by drawing in various control parameters.

I know that a question is best formulated when you know the answer, which I dont have.

Garageband does not have the capability of drawing many of the Midi continous controllers, while it can draw all the parameters that the plug-in allows. The Kontakt2 sampleplayer AU plugin shows up as a device on which you can control 512 values in real time. I figured out how to assign _some parameters. The parameter numbers can be assigned to functions by dragging knobs in the Kontaktplayer 2 window to the list of host automation numbers.

My question is: Are the other, more direct ways to assign automation parameters.?

I was specifically looking for a way to obtain proper tonguing 'duh' and 'tuh' and perhaps 'deedley' occasionally (or legal double tonguing,)

Maybe I am on a complete wrong track
    Hi torden,

Unfortunately I can't offer any assistance regarding Garageband, but concerning the tonguing:

JABB works a lot like GPO in that the samples' attacks are controlled by the velocity. This, together with the modwheel CC1 which adjusts timbre and volume, will give you very good results. "Duh" and "Tuh" articulations will require higher velocities, while you can probably pull of double tonguing with the lighter or midrange ones.

Best,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum