• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rachmaninoff's Symphony no. 2, Mvmt 1 Part 1 (Intro to end of exposition)

Share/Bookmark

Rachmaninoff's Symphony no. 2, Mvmt 1 Part 1 (Intro to end of exposition)

It's been a while since my last post, and this time the project is the epic symphony no. 2 by Rachmaninoff (edition: B&H)
    Due to the size of the movement, I have been only able to record the first movement up to the end of the exposition. (repeat mark) The rest is still work in progress!
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=638943

The symphony was composed since 1902 and was premiere in 1908 in St. Petersburg. The grand, passionate melodies and lyrical expressions made ths symphony one of his most well-known work, particularly the third movement Adagio.

The first movement starts with the Largo introduction in which the dark melody by basses and cello gave rise to many of the themes in the whole symphony. The introduction grows to a climax and subsdizes, an English horn solo leads to the Allegro main section. The two themes in Allegro are both lyrical but contrasting in character (e minor vs. G major)
    Muss es sein? Es muss sein!
    My music: http://www.soundclick.com/Phenyle
    My artwork and photography: http://modusmusica.deviantart.com/

Re: Rachmaninoff's Symphony no. 2, Mvmt 1 Part 1 (Intro to end of exposition)

Bravo!

Beautiful execution on this, Luke... excellent strings, I must
    say -- for that matter, everything else, too: the "conducting"
    and interpretation is superb.

This is a very difficult work to bring forth effectively; I am
    genuinely most impressed with your work, here!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Wow, I can tell you did your homework on this one.

It's truly a masterful sounding interpretation. The dynamics, balance, everything are really fine tuned and artistically communicated.

Phil

Wow again

This is a masterful job. Highly impressive work here.

Can you tell us more about what software you are using?

Well done

Ron

this is one of my favorite pieces of music of all time, and you did a wonderful job with it.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Superb!!

Raymond

Hi, kanazo - You must be busy because you haven't visited your thread since posting it, and it's off of the front page --Well, now it's back to the top, because I'm catching up a bit in the Listening Room and wanted to thank you for this superb recording. Gorgeous piece, and your realization does it complete justice.

You have people on the thread who want to hear from you and who have questions--Hope to see you on here again soon!

Randy B.

Wow. This almost makes me want to consider enjoying Rachmaninov symphonies again! (Rach just doesn't do it for me, meanders too much, languishes too much...)

I thought your Organ symphony recreation was superb, but the phrasing and sound in this is even better - if that were possible.

Luke:

This is so "live" I would have a difficult time telling
    it was done with sampled sounds.

Magnificent rendering here and outstanding mixing.

Just superb all around, Luke.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum