• Register
  • Help

Topic: Would this be OK?

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Would this be OK?

i'm curious is this would be alright to post in the listening room - i recently saw the trailer for the Project Sam Movie Box thing and i thought it was pretty awesome. then i thought, can i get that same effect with garritan stuff? so i mimicked the movie box trailer stuff with all GPO, and Strad (also some apple jam pack percussion sounds) and i think it came out pretty well. its not like its note for note the same thing, just similar. would this be alright to post in the listening room, or is that borderline infringement?

either way, i was blown away by the sound that i was able to achieve.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: Would this be OK?

i guess the answer is no one cares
    -Keith Fuller

---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Keith,

I am curious to hear what you have done. But if it is a work under copyright we really should have the permission of ProjectSAM. I will most likely see the ProjectSAM guys at NAMM and I could ask them.

Thanks for asking first.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller
    i'm curious is this would be alright to post in the listening room - i recently saw the trailer for the Project Sam Movie Box thing and i thought it was pretty awesome. then i thought, can i get that same effect with garritan stuff? so i mimicked the movie box trailer stuff with all GPO, and Strad (also some apple jam pack percussion sounds) and i think it came out pretty well. its not like its note for note the same thing, just similar. would this be alright to post in the listening room, or is that borderline infringement?

either way, i was blown away by the sound that i was able to achieve.

its not the same, just similar - and the part that is similar is for about 15 seconds. its just a horror cue, which in my opinion are all sort of the same. anyway, i guess i'll keep it to myself just to be safe. don't want anyone getting sued.
    -Keith Fuller

---

shame, would love to see what youve managed, as to e honest, I wasnt very impressed by the Movie Box trailer...I was thinking too that all those sounds could easily be reproduced elsewhere (if not necessarily by GPO or a Garritan product).

NO chance of seeing it then?

Ben

Go Back to forum