• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Old songs from the drawer....

Share/Bookmark

Old songs from the drawer....

I thought it would be better and more polite to move the vocal topic away from the \"not so happy with ql strat \".

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    I think I\'m one of the very few who have posted links to stuf with....Oh my god... VOCALS!!! Mine none the less ;P

Well here is my vocal... an old song I once made. http://www.scarbee.com/old_songs/wishes.mp3

and another: http://www.scarbee.com/old_songs/Rain_cut.mp3

also: http://www.scarbee.com/old_songs/Diamond.mp3

And the ballad (where I play guitar too): http://www.scarbee.com/old_songs/Woman_cut.mp3

enjoy

Thomas

Re: Old songs from the drawer....

Thomas,

Very cool. Do I detect a little Queen influence in there? Also seems to be a little bit of an Extreme inlfluence in there. Reminds me of some of the stuff of the Extreme album \"three sides to every story\". It\'s definitely some good stuff!

Definitely some Floyd influence in there too.. I\'m digging it!

[This message has been edited by Joel Olives (edited 04-22-2002).]

Hi Joel,

Thanks. I don\'t know \"Extreme\", better check it out, then.

Yeah, Queen was fantastic. A month ago I sat with a friend and listened to Bohemian Rhapsody on vinyl. What a masterpiece - must be on top 10 of the best songs ever made.

Floyd - sure. You will a lot of other references...

Thomas

[This message has been edited by SCARBEE (edited 04-22-2002).]

I agree Joel. Alot of that Ectreeme Three sides sound.

Used to be one of my favorite bands... not to mention Nuno is a shred head.

You\'ve probably heard atleast ONE extreme song Scarbee

Atleast in the US they had a Hit called \"more than words\" that jsut stayed on the charts for days....

Wonder when someone is going to sample that in a hip hop tune.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:

You\'ve probably heard atleast ONE extreme song Scarbee
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe. But, honestly I really don\'t know the band - at least by name. If I hear a song I might recognice it. At the time I did these songs I had been out totally of modern music for 7 years, where I took care of my little boy. I didn\'t hear any rock/pop/funk music at home or at concerts - only classical stuff. I used to study the scores while I listened to Brahms, Poelenc, Mahler, Wagner, Mozart, etc. I even listened a lot to organ concerts and opera...

Thomas

Wow, the dude can SING TOO?!?!?! I downloaded the \"Rain\" track. Very nice. To me it had a kind of \"Supertramp\" sound to it. I LOVE lush vocal harmony in all kinds of music. Pretty wild that you did that a few years back, now think what would you could accomplish with today\'s tools? Obviously you need to put together a cd when you have the time. Any chance of converting the mp3\'s to streaming files? I would love to listen to the other tracks as well, but with a slow dial up it\'s such a pain to download anything over 1 meg. Thanks.

cool stuff!!!woman cut sounds like supertramp.
    Queen rules!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Used to be one of my favorite bands... not to mention Nuno is a shred head. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They used to be one of my favorites too. I put them in the \'bands with wasted talent\' group. Nuno was a great guitarist until he went off and did his grungy, horrible, solo album, and you had to love Gary\'s in your face, up front vocals. Another band I put in that group is Mr. Big. Paul Gilbert could flat out shread, but they just disappeared off the face of the planet.

--- Anyhow

I definitely see the Supertramp comparisons in Thomas\'s music. I\'m surprised I missed that. It also seems like there might be a little bit of ELP feel in there too. You\'ve got to love good old prog rock.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    I thought it would be better and more polite to move the vocal topic away from the \"not so happy with ql strat \".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I\'m very glad you did Thomas as I refeused to go through yet another bummer thread! But this is much nicer!

Good stuff Thomas. Very good. I enjoyed all four songs. Thanks.

I hear the Supertramp strongly in one and somewhat in the others, but there\'s a lot of original thoughts here also. I also here a little bit of Bad Finger. Anyone else notice that? It\'s certainly not a rip-off of anyone I can remember. Original. Fun. Definitely good up-beat pop sensibilities here. Nice hooks. Very cool.

Makes me want to post this unfinished one I\'m workign on right now that uses Scarbee\'s Fingered Bass.

Cheers,
    Mark

Go Back to forum