• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: My Show is Cast - Adventure Begins!

Share/Bookmark

My Show is Cast - Adventure Begins!

It's been quite the whirlwind of activity since January 5th when I started auditions for my stage musical, "Dorian-The Remarkable Mister Gray."

We saw people on that Saturday, the next day, and then again this past Saturday, the 12th.

Yesterday, Sunday the 13th we had our first marathon group meeting and read-through/listen-through. That was the first chance people had to hear the entire production - they're excited by the challenge. Those of you who have heard some of the "Dorian" pieces in The Listening Room have some idea about the score's relative difficulty. I'm confident the group we've assembled are willing, eager and able to dig into it with gusto.

In a word - it's all going Remarkably!

Wonderful cast - VERy fortunate to have found an excellent singer/performer in the extremely large and critical role of Dorian. Jason Bailey is a name to remember - He's going to be superb in the role.

The entire company is brimming with wonderful voices, exciting talent.

Off we go! 13 weeks of rehearsals 4 and 5 days a week, then 7 days a week right up until opening on April 18th.

I'll grab what time I can in the mornings to keep in touch with these Forums which bring so much light into my life.

Randy B.

Re: My Show is Cast - Adventure Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    It's been quite the whirlwind of activity since January 5th when I started auditions for my stage musical, "Dorian-The Remarkable Mister Gray."

We saw people on that Saturday, the next day, and then again this past Saturday, the 12th.

Yesterday, Sunday the 13th we had our first marathon group meeting and read-through/listen-through. That was the first chance people had to hear the entire production - they're excited by the challenge. Those of you who have heard some of the "Dorian" pieces in The Listening Room have some idea about the score's relative difficulty. I'm confident the group we've assembled are willing, eager and able to dig into it with gusto.

In a word - it's all going Remarkably!

Wonderful cast - VERy fortunate to have found an excellent singer/performer in the extremely large and critical role of Dorian. Jason Bailey is a name to remember - He's going to be superb in the role.

The entire company is brimming with wonderful voices, exciting talent.

Off we go! 13 weeks of rehearsals 4 and 5 days a week, then 7 days a week right up until opening on April 18th.

I'll grab what time I can in the mornings to keep in touch with these Forums which bring so much light into my life.

Randy B.
    Hi Randy,

ITs nice to hear from you again.
    I'm glad everything is going well i'm sure everything will continue like this.
    Please make sure you keep us informed about 'Dorian' throughout the 13 weeks!!
    Good luck all the way!!

Kind Regards,
    Dan.
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

Congratulations Randy.

I can imagine just how hectic it is there but we are all with you
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Congratulations, Randy!

..let the fun begin!

~Jeff

Wonderful news! Thanks for letting us share in your excitement.

All the best
    Owen

Dan, Jon, Michael, Jeff and Owen - Thank you, gents!

It's almost eerie to finally hear voices other than Mine singing the numbers - especially to finally hear sopranos instead of me demoing their lines an octave lower than intended. hehe.

It'll take longer than in the past, but I intend to keep up in The Listening Room the best I can, and then when time permits, I'll finally post the Grand Finale of the show. It'll be an appropriate wrap up to the "Dorian" posts I've been putting up since January 2007, -completing that presentation as I start on this physical production of the whole shebang.

Thanks again - Your good wishes are much appreciated!

Randy B.

Randy, excellent news!
    I do enjoy your sharing with us all the excitement and I wish you the
    best of luck for your special adventure!

Yudit

Randy

So you are off on a 13 week vacation. I bet you will work less than 21 hours a day!

Lazy Lazy Lazy

It even sounds like you might take a day off from time to time.

Granted, Rome wasn't built in a day, but I'm sure they didn't take as long as 13 weeks!

Theater life sure is easy!!!

I guess I didn't get the part of Dorian. Sure, I didn't audition, but I sang in my junior high school's choir and that should have at least qualified me for the role. Some people like the sound of croaking frogs.

All kidding aside, I checked out your bio on you site and am sure you have all that it takes to put on a wonderful show.

When you bring the show to the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area, I expect compted tickets.

All my best

Ron

Tremendous, Randy! The first big obstacle out of the way. Having been involved in numerous stage productions over the years, I know that there will be a bump in the road here and there, but all is resolved in the end. AND, being the genius creative force behind all that is about to unfold, it has GOT to be exciting beyond description for you! Keep us all up to speed, my friend!

Danny

Not too many years from now, I can tell everyone that "I knew Mr. Randy when..."

I wish you much luck in your production, cyberfriend.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum