• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Icons in the K2 Player

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Icons in the K2 Player

I was having trouble this past year with disappearing icons in the K2 player. I finally contacted NI tech support. They offered a few of suggestions that I thought I'd share with everyone. The last one solved my problem.

dave

=============

1. When you go on "Options" within the software under the tab "Load"
    you can set a path. Please set this one to the:
    .....Native Instruments\Kontakt Player 2\UserPatches folder.

2. When you click on the icon bar at left hand and you click on "Info"
    e.g. in the JABB library. There you can set a path as well. Make sure that it
    is on the correct location (in my case it is ...\Garritan\Jazz and Big Band
    KP2 Library). After reseting these path, start KP2 again.

3) If that did not help, please try the following. Inside each library
    folder you will find a file called "...info.nkc", e.g. "Jazz and Big Band
    KP2_info.nkc". Note, it is a different file then the "...info.nkx" I was telling you about before. Delete this file and start Kontakt Player 2 again.

(I just renamed the file, and this worked for me. It also brought back the GPO icon.)

Re: Garritan Icons in the K2 Player

Thanks for the info Dave. This is useful.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Terrific; the thing has turned red again.

Thank you!

Larry

Exclamation Re: Garritan Icons in the K2 Player

DIdnt work for me..it just made another info.nkc file when I loaded an instrument.

Related to this tho I have a question about Kontakt 2 (full version) which I have just received. Is there a way of making the browser window look like the one in the kontakt player? I.e. it shows all the libraries you own with a nice big icon, then you click on the instruments lists for each? ...At the moment I have to load up each instrument by going through all the files on my computer in the browser. which is a real slow pain!

So basically:How can you make Kontakt 2 recognise all the libraries you own?

THanks in advance!
    Ben

PS: i have GPO, JABB, Gofrillor and Stormdrum

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols
    Related to this tho I have a question about Kontakt 2 (full version) which I have just received. Is there a way of making the browser window look like the one in the kontakt player? I.e. it shows all the libraries you own with a nice big icon, then you click on the instruments lists for each? ...At the moment I have to load up each instrument by going through all the files on my computer in the browser. which is a real slow pain!

So basically:How can you make Kontakt 2 recognise all the libraries you own?

THanks in advance!
    Ben

PS: i have GPO, JABB, Gofrillor and Stormdrum
    I don't think you can make it look like the KP2, but you can use the database feature which if you set it up correctly will allow you to view only the libraries that you want to view.

If you go under options at the top, one of the tabs is Database. This allows you to set what folders the database looks in, then tell it where you want it to look (where your .nki files are for each library)

now go to the database tab in the browser and click rebuild database. This may take anywhere from about 30 seconds to over an hour, depending on how much you have and how fast it can look.

Once that is done, you can look in the database and you should find only the libraries that you specified!

Hope this Helps,

Richard

Thanks Richard, much obliged. So, its not possible to get it looking like the nice friendly logos in KP2? I shall dream on tho...

THanks

Ben

Thank you so much for this Dave.

This has been bugging me for months (ever since 2.2.3 came out). I also contacted NI, but I only received a terse "Not our problem. We don't support the player bundled with a library. Talk to Garritan and/or Makemusc"

Just tried your third suggestion and it worked a treat.

Thanks again

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Go Back to forum