• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two installs of GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Two installs of GPO?

Hello!

I just bought GPO, and I'm really looking forward to using it! At the moment I'm setting up a new home studio, so I haven't been able to give it a test run, but I've read the manual and I have a question regarding installation of GPO.

It may be a dumb question.., but the manual says that "You get two installs with your product. Therefore you can use the library on both a laptop and a desktop, or a separate computer."

Does this also mean that if I've installed GPO on a laptop and a desktop, and later on, if I decide to upgrade the desktop with a new motherboard and CPU, I cannot install GPO because I've used the two installs..? (New machine ID on the upgraded computer)

Hehe.., I'm taking this manual text very literally I guess.. But what I'd make sure of is that I can use the library on any new computer I'd buy or upgrade to in the future. Please bare with me if this was a silly question..

Kind regards,

Jon Erik Martinsen

www.myspace.com/sweepmusic

Re: Two installs of GPO?

Hi, I have very recently swapped out the MB and CPU on my computer and then re-installed GPO (and others) without a hitch. If you are using Kontakt Player 2, there is a section of the NI Service Center that has all your registrations listed, with serial numbers, computer I.D.s, and dates, where you can de-authorize a particular installation. So, if it shows you have two active installations of GPO, you can de-authorize one before re-installing GPO.

Hi again, I just opened the NI Service Center and I think it has changed a bit since I last looked. There is a section under the main menu called Product Overview, and in that are two tabs, Activation Status and Product Details. The Product Details tab is where your particular data is stored. Best Regards, John

Ah! Thanks for your help, John! I'll check out the NI Service Center asap. As I understand it then, you can use the library for 50 years if you wish (with all the computer upgrades/purchases that's likely to take place), as long as you don't use the library on more than two computers at the same time.

Looking forward to include some lush string arrangements on my future songs! I love the sound of the demos I've heard so far..

Jon Erik

www.myspace.com/sweepmusic

Go Back to forum