• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Topic: Adagietto

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Thumbs up new "Adagietto con trio"

    Have just composed my own "Adagietto", after having listened to the other famous one!

    Here is the latest version called Adagietto con trio

    http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...content=videos


    Higher quality mp3 file here: http://www.esnips.com/doc/bb2f4a00-e...ietto-con-trio



    Fredrik
    Last edited by Fredrik; 01-17-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: video score of "Adagietto con trio"

  2. #2

    Re: Adagietto

    I assume by "the other one" you mean Mahler's from the 5th Symphony?

    I like yours, but it seems to end rather abruptly - is the file not complete on Soundclick? Or is that the actual ending (or is there still more to come)?

  3. #3

    Cool Re: Adagietto

    Quote Originally Posted by ALynn
    I assume by "the other one" you mean Mahler's from the 5th Symphony?

    I like yours, but it seems to end rather abruptly - is the file not complete on Soundclick? Or is that the actual ending (or is there still more to come)?
    Hi ALynn,

    Yes, you're right about the other one

    This melody was composed today and there will be a longer version soon!

    Thanks for listening,
    Fredrik

  4. #4

    Re: Adagietto

    Fredrik

    I had to go and listen to Mahler's before commenting on this. His doesn't have the energy that yours does, but they are similar in feel.

    It does end abruptly, but if you have a longer version coming, who cares.

    Is the brass in this GPO? If so, what are you doing to get that sound?

    Another great piece and I look forward to the completion of it.

    Well done


    Ron

  5. #5
    Senior Member Leaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,797

    Thumbs up Re: Adagietto

    Beautiful Fredrik!!! I love those falls or descents (if that is what they are called) with harp and woodwinds.

    David

  6. #6

    Re: Adagietto

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Fredrik

    I had to go and listen to Mahler's before commenting on this. His doesn't have the energy that yours does, but they are similar in feel.

    It does end abruptly, but if you have a longer version coming, who cares.

    Is the brass in this GPO? If so, what are you doing to get that sound?

    Another great piece and I look forward to the completion of it.

    Well done


    Ron
    Hi Ron,

    Glad you are enjoying Mahler's "Adagietto",

    He is one of the seven wonders in the classical world! Also one of the most tragic of all the mega composers!

    Have just uploaded the new and longer version of my Adagietto. This is a more rich version

    Thanks for listening,
    Fredrik

  7. #7

    Re: Adagietto

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Beautiful Fredrik!!! I love those falls or descents (if that is what they are called) with harp and woodwinds.

    David
    Hi Leaf,

    Have just completed the 2nd version of my Adagietto!

    Your are welcome to listen

    Thanks for listening,

    Fredrik

  8. #8

    Cool Re: Adagietto con trio

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Fredrik

    I had to go and listen to Mahler's before commenting on this. His doesn't have the energy that yours does, but they are similar in feel.

    It does end abruptly, but if you have a longer version coming, who cares.

    Is the brass in this GPO? If so, what are you doing to get that sound?

    Another great piece and I look forward to the completion of it.

    Well done


    Ron
    Hi again Ron,

    Have added a trio middle section to the Adagietto now! http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...content=videos

    Fredrik

  9. #9

    Re: Adagietto

    I like the scrolling score - how do you do it?

    At times in the middle it seems almost too frantic for me to consider it a true adagietto. It comes aross more as a tone poem of sorts with the heavy brass (which I like!) and the more excited passages. It seems to alternate between an almost oriental sound and a more renaissance Italy sound. Perhaps it evokes for me images of Marco Polo then!

  10. #10

    Re: Adagietto

    Fredrik

    I listened to the newer version and I like the section you added as well. Just one complaint and suggestion. The suggestion is to post a mp3 as well as the video because (here is the complaint) the video just doesn't have the same sound quality as the MP3 does.

    Check out this for a video scroller that lets you use better sound quality

    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...light=Camtasia

    Here is one of Randy's posts that uses it

    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=57976

    Hope that helps

    Ron

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •