• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS 3 no sound

Share/Bookmark

GS 3 no sound

Hi all!

I am new to the forum and for Gigastudio, too. What I would like to do is that I would like to play my piano and hear the sound of a loaded instrument (for example a steinway piano).
    I use Gigastudio in Rewire mode.
    So what I did:
    1. I opened Gigastudio Orchestra and loaded the instrument *.gig file to the first channel.
    2. I opened Sonar 6 producer edition and I opened a new project. I have set Insert-->Rewire-->Giga3
    3. I have plugged the midi cable into my piano's midi out and to the computer's midi in.

I think I did right things, but I have no sound. When I push the keys I see them grey, so gigastudio recognizes it and the sound level stripe is jumping too, but there is no sound :S

Please help me what should I do...
    Thanks in advance,
    Cheers,
    freed3

Re: GS 3 no sound

If the sound level stripe is registering then the problem is probably in Sonar. Check your routing and sound card.

What do you mean by 'check your routing'? I neither know where to set the midi devices in sonar :S
    I have a Creative Fatal1ty X-Fi Platinum sound card so I think it is good for rewire mode.

By routing I meant your Sonar tracks Ins and Outs. Are you routing the sound so you can hear it. Also check out Tascams website on GVI specifications for sound cards.

I have made it I had to set the sequencer to sonar in GS's menu...I was just simply opening sonar and not set to sequencer.
    So now I have sound, but I have some problem with polyphony. It is very low...if I play two or three notes at a time just only one sounds :S and I also hear a terrible crackling noise.
    With my sound card, I can't use GS in standalone mode, but I think it's a quite good soundcard, so it should work...

Please help!
    Thanks,
    freed3

Personally, I never used rewire mode because I got too much latency with it.. I don't know why you're getting crackling with just 2 or 3 sounds. That's good you're making progress.
    Dave M.

With my sound card, I can't use GS in standalone mode, but I think it's a quite good soundcard, so it should work...
    Freed, to run GS3 in Standalone, you need a GSIF compatible card. AFAIK, no Creative Labs cards are. So either you keep this card and use GS3 in ReWire, or you look for a soundcard that support GSIF.
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

Go Back to forum