• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP

Share/Bookmark

EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP

Ok here's the deal. Noob to the world of virtual instruments and DAWs here. I bought EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP at the end of the summer for a HUGE steal of $999 (and it is on sale now for $895 btw) and i "knew" that i couldn't install it on an Intel Mac. I have an 8-core 3GHz Mac pro with 3TB hard drive (well, less than that now) and 16GB RAM.
    But I figure what the heck and installed it several weeks ago with no problem. However the Kompakt player is nowhere to be found, so I'm guessing that is part of the "not compatible with Intel Mac" thing. So I have a couple of questions:

1. How do I register the software? It said to look in the manual for more info but my software did not come with a hard copy manual and I cannot find the info on the online manual or anywhere else online.

2. I plan on buying Kontakt 3 to play the samples with. I am assuming that since Kontakt 2.2 can be used to play them that Kontakt 3 can as well?

3. And lastly, what on earth is the iLok key for?

Sorry like I said I am a newcomer to all of this help so answers would greatly be appreciated.

Re: EWQLSO Platinum Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettG
    However the Kompakt player is nowhere to be found, so I'm guessing that is part of the "not compatible with Intel Mac" thing.
    Are you running Leopard? If not, you should be able to install the software and run it in Standalone mode. It will be running using Rosetta emulation so the performance is terrible, but it should launch the Kompakt player engine.

I would submit a support ticket at the East West website.

1. How do I register the software? It said to look in the manual for more info but my software did not come with a hard copy manual and I cannot find the info on the online manual or anywhere else online.
    The product comes with an "NI Registration tool", but this has been replaced by a new application called "NI Service Center". You download this from the NI website, then use it to authorize ANY NI software:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/in...id=freeupdates

2. I plan on buying Kontakt 3 to play the samples with. I am assuming that since Kontakt 2.2 can be used to play them that Kontakt 3 can as well?
    I believe Kontakt v2.2 is the first version of Kontakt to support Intel Macs. You could use it (or the most current v2.2.4) or Kontakt 3 to load and play the instruments.

3. And lastly, what on earth is the iLok key for?
    EastWest is transitioning their products to use their own internal sample playback engine titled "PLAY". Sometime in the near future, EastWest will release their EWQLSO PLAY version (it will be all new DVDs and software). All PLAY based titles require the use of an iLok dongle which holds the software license.

More about PLAY here:
    http://support.sounds online.com/faq/ (remove the spaces between "sounds" and "online".

Thanks man I appreciate the response. Turns out as soon as i posted this question I went searching through my folders and found the registration tool and got everything registered.
    I still cant find the Kompakt software. Is it on a disk or is it with the library, because there wasn't a dedicated disk and its not in the library.
    Thanks again for the answer.

Thanks man I appreciate the response. Turns out as soon as i posted this question I went searching through my folders and found the registration tool and got everything registered.
    I still cant find the Kompakt software. Is it on a disk or is it with the library, because there wasn't a dedicated disk and its not in the library.
    Thanks again for the answer.
    The product installer installs the Kompakt sample player, and the Library folder which contains the instruments.

I would submit a support ticket to East West.

Go Back to forum