• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone use a keyboard into a BCF2000 with logic?!

Exclamation Anyone use a keyboard into a BCF2000 with logic?!

Hi everyone,

Ive had no help on any of the "official" websites/forums, and so am coming to you guys, hoping that maybe, just maybe, someone here on this brilliant forum has the same setup!

Basically Im trying to route a midi keyboard to a BCF2000 which then connects to my macbook pro by USB, and have it work in logic 8. which it doesnt at present. I also have another keyboard (49e...cheapo!) connectec via USB which works fine inside...

If anyone can help I would be immensly thankful, cos otherwise im goingto have to spend more money on an audio interface which i cant really afford at present.....

THankyou in advance!

Re: Anyone use a keyboard into a BCF2000 with logic?!

So no one in the massive world of Garritan uses one of these BCF things? shame, cos they are great pieces of cheap kit!

Re: Anyone use a keyboard into a BCF2000 with logic?!

Hi, Ben - I don't use that interface, or a Mac, or Logic, and it could be difficult to find anyone with precisely the same set up.

But your message doesn't give any clues about the precise nature of your problems. You're just saying that it doesn't work having your keyboard plugged into it. What keyboard? What are you doing to set up ins and outs in Logic? There's no way to understand what the problem is.

Randy B.

Exclamation Re: Anyone use a keyboard into a BCF2000 with logic?!

I'm not sure why you would want to route a keyboard through a BCF2000. (I just had to Google the BCF to find out what it was.) Maybe because your keyboard does not have a USB connector for the MacBook? If so, I'd recommend a MIDI to USB cable converter. In lieu of that, try the following software: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos.../midipipe.html

MIDIPipe can route MIDI across virtual channels on a Mac and it might do the job for you.

Good luck!

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Go Back to forum