• Register
  • Help

Topic: The opening of my first animated movie

The opening of my first animated movie

Well, I've gotten far enough along in learning animation that I have put together the first 26 seconds of an animated movie with a musical soundtrack.

The opening credits theme is adapted from a theme I wrote a few months ago.

The animation is done with Anime Studio. The music is 100% GPO.

You can see the first 26 seconds at http://fiziwig.com/anim/index07.html which is a tutorial page I'm putting together as I learn how to do animation. Scroll to the very bottom of the page to see the movie. QuickTime required.

(No dialog or foley recorded yet. The whole scripts reads through in 3 minutes, so that's my target.)

--gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Re: The opening of my first animated movie

Ooh, Anime Studio looks like fun! Animation has always interested me, but I guess I've never been interested enough to actually dedicate any time to learning it... Still, it was cool to browse through your tutorials! Looks like a good deal of work!

Nice animation, the music goes well with it, keep it up!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks. I'm going to spend the next couple days revising and polishing the script before I resume "shooting".
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: The opening of my first animated movie

That's some great walking and walking music, Gary! Thanks for posting this snapshot of your progress and the links, i'll look forward to seeing this as it goes along. This has re-sparked my interest in animation, i may just get into this when i get caught up with the current.

Very nice. I like your "can do" attitude towards things.

Since it's your first attempt, I thought the walking might be very stiff but it's quite convincing. And the music, of course, fits perfectly.

I eagerly await the next 26 seconds.
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Definately a stylized look. I'm guessing you are keeping with 2-D, good choice for this style of animation.

Sean, if you are planning on doing 2-D animation, I'd recommend Flash. For 3-D animation, I'd recommend 3ds Max or Lightwave. Lightwave seems more robust, but has a higher learning curve to it. I was just recommended Lightwave, so I've only been using the trial for a little bit less than 24 hours. Seems rather powerful, though.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Go Back to forum