• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jabb & Wx-5

Share/Bookmark

Jabb & Wx-5

I am the proud new owner of a Yamaha WX-5 wind controller (I played sax in college) that should arrive in the mail this week. I'm wondering, does anyone have any tips on integrating a WX-5 into JABB as a controller, esp for data input? I don't think you can change the WX-5 to transmit CC#1 - any tips?

Re: Jabb & Wx-5

I've tried it with GPO, and it seems that CC#2 is accepted as an alternative for CC#1.

So, does JABB respond natively to CC#2 as CC#1, or is there a setting that has to be changed?

This could be VERY good news.

Quote Originally Posted by raweber
    So, does JABB respond natively to CC#2 as CC#1, or is there a setting that has to be changed?

This could be VERY good news.
    Well, I think it's KP2 that responds natively to CC#2, so whichever of the Garritan libraries responds to the mod wheel will respond similarly to breath controllers.

I have a MIDI file generated by a WX-5 and you are welcome to try it on your favorite configuration if you can figure out how I can get it to you.

Here's a quote from another thread:

From Page 40 of the JABB PDF documentation:

Note: With the Kontakt2 Player version of J&BB mod wheel (cc#1,) isn’t the only way to control
    volume/timbre. Expressive instruments will also respond to breath control (cc#2) or MIDI
    expression (cc#11.) It is not necessary to take any steps to activate these alternate controllers – they
    are always available. One important caveat: You must use only one of these controllers at a time.

Well that's the best news I've had all night. Thanks!

Go Back to forum