• Register
  • Help

Topic: DFD in EWQL Symphonic Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

DFD in EWQL Symphonic Orchestra

Hi, how can I turn on DFD mode in EWQLSO? In the manual is written that I should click "Options" (in Kompakt) and somewhere there I should see "DFD". But I can see no DFD. The only "DFD" I have seen is next to the button "Options" but it is not possible to click on it. Can someone help me to solve this problem?

Re: DFD in EWQL Symphonic Orchestra

Quote Originally Posted by kavis
    Hi, how can I turn on DFD mode in EWQLSO? In the manual is written that I should click "Options" (in Kompakt) and somewhere there I should see "DFD". But I can see no DFD. The only "DFD" I have seen is next to the button "Options" but it is not possible to click on it. Can someone help me to solve this problem?
    You might need to install it as an extension. Check the Eastwest pages for updates.

Thanks for your advice, it solved my problem

Just an add-on question. I've just installed full Kontakt 2.2.3 on two machines, which clearly dumps the very latest dfd extension in the relevant folder. Because EWQLSC and RA are older than Kontakt are they looking for specific, older, versions of the extension - i.e. will I actually have to put an older dfd extension in the folder alongside dfd 1.29 - or will they simply call on the latest version?

Kontakt and Kompakt dfd extensions are two different enteties entirely.
    You need to have the DFD extension for kompakt regardless of kontakt.
    Just intstall the dfd for kompakt and let it install whereever it wants to by default.

1.29 is the DFD for Kompakt and has been for quite some time.
    Kind regards,

John
    www.johngrahammusic.com

Go Back to forum