• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Something Sinister

Share/Bookmark

Something Sinister

Something Sinister - here is the music only version of the song from Spellbound. I'll post the version with vocals after we've recorded them :P

Regards to all,

Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Re: Something Sinister

ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND
    Oops! Looks like the page you're looking for was moved or never existed.
    Make sure you typed the correct URL or followed a valid link.

May want to check the link - this is all I could get when I tried.

Thanks. Had to re-upload the file. I'd thought maybe it was a filename issue but it was just Smart FTP being a smartFTP!

Anyway, the link works now

Kin

Hi, Kinvint

Energetic! Sounds great to me. What library did you use for the massive percussion? I think the strings and woods, maybe the piano are GPO?

How is this recording being used? I mean, what's the venue?

It really is massive! Good work!

Randy B.

Great!!!

I treid a couple of times in the past to get this file to open and had the same problems as others. Glad you got it fixed. There is a ton of energy in this and the contrast with the harp and all is beautiful.

Can you break down the instrumentation for this and tell us what came from what library?

Very well done

Ron

It's so... Wow!!

I'm on my second listen.

Love the percussion!
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Does not load here.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Kinvint

Energetic! Sounds great to me. What library did you use for the massive percussion? I think the strings and woods, maybe the piano are GPO?

How is this recording being used? I mean, what's the venue?

It really is massive! Good work!

Randy B.
    Thanks Randy, glad you liked it. The mix is a little hot (it was a rushed mix as I had to catch a flight!) so I'll be tweaking the automation when I get home next week. To answer your questions, just about each section uses GPO.

Specifically, from GPO I used: Flute, piccolo, oboe, clarinet, Steinway piano, timps, ,harp, strings (full string section, viola, solo cello, pizz bass), F Horn Overlay FF, Trombone, Trumpet. However, to compliment the sounds and add further depth in an attempt to get a bigger sound, I also backed up GPO with sounds from another library. These are a 10 violin section and some brass (F Horn and trombone).

The percussion is all Stormdrum.

We are in NYC recording vocals this week so I'll post the mix when I get home. I long for Garritan Choirs since we have the choir parts all scored and ready to go.... Come on, Gary...our hearts yearn for the release of Garritan Choirs :-)

Unfortunately, I am not able to reveal the venue until we've signed contracts because it's an Equity theatre. Once it's confirmed for the season I'll let ya know

Thanks for the listen and your comments, as always

How goes the preparations & rehearsals for Dorian?

Kindest regards
    Paul & Christian (kin)

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving
    Holy Wow! This is fantastic!! What energy!! I especially liked the contrast between 'full blast' and the more intimate moments of piano/woodwinds. The transitions are seamless and timed perfectly. Absolutely incredible use of the sounds too, I can only hope to be able to use the sounds like this sometime in the future! Echoing Randy, It's sooo massive!! Wow. I think I'll have another listen!!

Jon
    Thanks Jon

Glad the energy came through. It's a supposed to be a very powerful piece with a 'hopeful' ending. It's hard to really tell what's going on without the lyrics. I'll re-post it next week with the 2 characters' vox mixed in.

Glad you liked it

Kind regards,

Paul & Christian (kin)

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Great!!!

I treid a couple of times in the past to get this file to open and had the same problems as others. Glad you got it fixed. There is a ton of energy in this and the contrast with the harp and all is beautiful.

Can you break down the instrumentation for this and tell us what came from what library?

Very well done

Ron
    Thanks Ron!

It took some fixing. I was having connection problems when I was uploading and althought it looked like the file was securely sitting there in the folder, it was, in fact, as you would say, 'not'. Thanks for going back and giving it another go after I got it fixed.

Glad you like the contrast between the more sombre section and the rest of the mayhem. Dialogue actually goes in there so we had had to keep it down

As far as a breakdown of the instruments used, you could look at my reply to Randy's reply which gives you an idea. I'm out of town at the moment so I can't load the file up in Cubase to give you the specific samples I used. Most woodwinds were the KS or solo V ones. I used 2 F Horns; The Ag FF Overlay and regular Overlay plus one from another library. Trombone the same, trumpet was solo trumpet x 2 with variation knob used in Kontakt. If you want more info, I can list them all when I get back home next week.

Thanks for the listen and glad you liked it

Kind regards
    Paul & Christian (Kin)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast