• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Graceful Copy Protection in the Garritan Steinway: CP Finally Done Better?

Share/Bookmark

Graceful Copy Protection in the Garritan Steinway: CP Finally Done Better?

I want to tell you about what we have in store for the copy protection system in the Garritan Authorized Steinway and the new ARIA Engine that we'll be showing at NAMM. Some of you on chat may have already seen this.

Many feel that copy protection schemes often pose more of a burden on the legitimate owners than to deter piracy. After being frustrated with copy-protection dongles and challenge/response systems ourselves, we decided to try something different.

Our registration system will involve entering your serial number in our registration site and receiving a Graphical License Card. The graphic card contains all your persoanl information. You drag and drop the card onto the player and that's it! You're authorized.

Simply Drag and Drop your Personalized Graphic Card Key onto the ARIA Player and you are Authorized

A GRACEFUL REGISTRATION SYSTEM
    • Easy to Register
    • Easy to Save and Recover your License Information
    • Card Keys are Personalized
    • No Hassles
    • No Dongles
    • No Complicated Challenge/Response
    • You are allowed to use your products on multiple computers
    I hope this system will prove a welcome alternative to the CP methods currently on the market. Let me know what you think.

See some of you at the NAMM show!

Gary Garritan

Re: Graceful Copy Protection in the Garritan Steinway: CP Finally Done Better?

As a paying user, this sounds great.

I only hope that it also works for the working developer. (Gulp).

Not only low hassle but it looks cool.

FINALLY, a sensible way to register!

Thanks Gary!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Sounds good to me. I tried hard, and could not find a problem!

Richard

You are the freaking king.

I've heard that Ivory is now forcing a dongle on users. To do that with an already established product is foul. I'm sure a percentage of their users, like me, have a strict no-dongle policy.

Oh well, no need for Ivory anyway--I'm glad I'm waiting for the good stuff!

WOW!

Excellent!

Can we also order a hard copy, Gary? I'd be really cool to be carrying that along my credit cards (which I have none, btw, only debit cards! ) and blood donor cards, etc...

Most excellent I say!

Hello Gary,

This sounds far more user friendly than the other methods. Once again you have come up with something far better than than what is presently on offer. This makes me think why no one else had thought of this before. You may well have started a revolution in copy protection
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Maybe you should also include credit card details on the key. Then anyone who is unscrupulous enough to circulate the software along with their own key will be circulating their credit details as well.

sweet. sounds like a great idea...how easy is it to copy the graphics card key tho?

And wow, the player looks lovely!

Ben

Go Back to forum