• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO install with Kontakt 3

Share/Bookmark

GPO install with Kontakt 3

Hello. This is my first post, and by way of introductions I extend greetings to the members of the forum.

Recently I acquired Kontakt 3 and am getting to know it better. Then I got GPO and The Strad which I have not yet installed. My question involves whether I still have to install the Kontakt 2 player when installing GPO and the Strad. I intend to use GPO and the Strad as plug-ins to Nuendo 4 and Live 7 within Windows XP.

Any other tips for a smooth installation that I should be aware of?
    Thanks in Advance,
    Horace

Re: GPO install with Kontakt 3

Quote Originally Posted by Horace
    Hello. This is my first post, and by way of introductions I extend greetings to the members of the forum.

Recently I acquired Kontakt 3 and am getting to know it better. Then I got GPO and The Strad which I have not yet installed. My question involves whether I still have to install the Kontakt 2 player when installing GPO and the Strad. I intend to use GPO and the Strad as plug-ins to Nuendo 4 and Live 7 within Windows XP.

Any other tips for a smooth installation that I should be aware of?
    Thanks in Advance,
    Horace
    Hi Horace,

You will need to install both Kontakt Players as this is the way that Garritan stuff is currently authorized for use on your system. Use an administrator level account for the installation of both products and the accompanying NI Service Center, which connects to NI's licensing server. Also, be aware that you should use the Kontakt Player 2 version of the Strad, as some programming changes made between K2 and K3 have hindered its ability to work properly in K3.

Best,
    Reegs

Hi Reegs,
    Thanks for clearing up this matter. I will go ahead and install GPO and Strad, and I suppose I should check to see if I would need the K2 Player updated.

It must be some new information regarding the incompatibility of K3 and the Strad. I remember reading a thread a couple of weeks ago stating that using the Strad and K3 was the BEST way to go. Can you tell me a bit about what the problem is that turned up between these two programs?

I am really looking forward to trying out the Strad and GPO!

Best Wishes,
    Edward

Quote Originally Posted by Horace
    It must be some new information regarding the incompatibility of K3 and the Strad. I remember reading a thread a couple of weeks ago stating that using the Strad and K3 was the BEST way to go. Can you tell me a bit about what the problem is that turned up between these two programs?
    This post by Giorgio Tommasini should clarify:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...8&postcount=28

Thanks Reegs, an interesting read.

Best Wishes,
    Horace

Go Back to forum