• Register
  • Help

Topic: Registration

Share/Bookmark

Registration

I have recently purchased J&BB and am having trouble with registration.

My studio PC is not connected to the internet so I went to 'Offline Registration' on the latest NI Service Centre. The first thing it askef for was the Kontact 2 Serial Number which I wasn't given (only the J&BB Serial Number). I contacted the supplier & they said that it is not provided with the DVD. Where can I get this Serial Number?

Re: Registration

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Clark
    I have recently purchased J&BB and am having trouble with registration.

My studio PC is not connected to the internet so I went to 'Offline Registration' on the latest NI Service Centre. The first thing it askef for was the Kontact 2 Serial Number which I wasn't given (only the J&BB Serial Number). I contacted the supplier & they said that it is not provided with the DVD. Where can I get this Serial Number?
    As far as I know, that is the serial number you need to enter. I only recieved one serial number myself, and while I am still having problems of a different nature, the Service Center accepted it.

Give that a try, and otherwise, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonare Coeli
    As far as I know, that is the serial number you need to enter. I only recieved one serial number myself, and while I am still having problems of a different nature, the Service Center accepted it.

Give that a try, and otherwise, someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    Yes, that is the one serial number you'll need. JABB is thoroughly tied into the Kontakt Player. It and the full version of Kontakt are the only way to access the sounds.

The server that spits out offline authorizations from the NI site is a little finicky, from what I've heard, in that it sometimes outputs incomplete authorization files (they're in .html form). You may need to download it several times until you get the correct filesize, which if memory serves is around 30KB.

Best of luck,
    Reegs

Thanks Sonare. I'll give that a try

All sounds good, guys. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for the prompt replies (and greetings from oz)

Well I tried that (using the J&BB Serial Number on the sticker inside the lid) but the system wouldn't accept that as the Kontact 2 serial Number. Any other clues?

This seems unlikely, since you don't mention it, but if your boxed JABB contained anything before Kontakt Player 2.2.3, and you have downloaded, and are installing the 2.2.3 player, then you will need a new serial number. I got mine by going to the updates page. In the list of possible updates for JABB, GPO etc was a link saying 'request serial number for KP2.2.3.' I just followed that and they emailed me one.

Then I did a clean install with 2.2.3, rather than applying it as an update. When I came to authorise it in the service centre I had to also enter my original GPO serial number.

I had the same experience. I sent an e-mail to NI and was very quickly provided a new serial number - from there everything went very smoothly.

Thanks for the advice Pingu & Tom. I'll contact NI & hopefully they'll sort it out.

Hello

I also have a problem with registration.
    I have registered my copy of JABB twice now and keep having to re-register at the NI service center each time I want to use it.
    I get a message telling me that my registration period has expired and telling me to register using the registration tool provided in the application folder.
    I am then lead to the NI service center and have to download the service center installer again. Can anyone shed any light on this?

FYI, whilst at the NI Service Center though I can view my registered products and I can see my copy of JABB.
    I have contacted NI about my problem on OCT 5th but they have not emailed any suggestions as yet.

I appreciate your help guys!

Mike

Go Back to forum