• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Wish list for Omnisphere?

Share/Bookmark

Wish list for Omnisphere?

What the hay ........ Somebody has to post it.
    Might as well be me.

We all know the samples will be stellar and all, but launch date is many moons away, so based on what little info you have seen ( almost none), what would you like to see this beast do that no other beast does?

I for one would like to see Omnisphere tethered to RMX, just like I'd like to see Trilogy tied into RMX. I.E integration, with on the fly groove making capabilities.

How about easier control of groovy within your host after it gets dragged and dropped?

Re: Wish list for Omnisphere?

Hey Pi_314

I don't know if you have read this or not?

Info posted by composer Michael Nielsen of Gear Slutz:

"Omnisphere is pretty amazing, and in Persing tradition, the programing and sounds are second to none. It's a 50 gig library...yes 50! 3 of which is the original Atmosphere. There are future updates planned (kinda like Stylus RMX SAGE), including a Trilogy add-in.

The arpeggiator is AMAZING. You can drag any midi file into it, and it will adjust to match the feel, swing and time signature of your midi file. Including dropping in loops (midi file loops) directly out of Stylus RMX's window.

This is going to be the Stylus RMX of synths."

Sounds like this thing will be right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben H
    Hey Pi_314

I don't know if you have read this or not?

Info posted by composer Michael Nielsen of Gear Slutz:

"Omnisphere is pretty amazing, and in Persing tradition, the programing and sounds are second to none. It's a 50 gig library...yes 50! 3 of which is the original Atmosphere. There are future updates planned (kinda like Stylus RMX SAGE), including a Trilogy add-in.

The arpeggiator is AMAZING. You can drag any midi file into it, and it will adjust to match the feel, swing and time signature of your midi file. Including dropping in loops (midi file loops) directly out of Stylus RMX's window.

This is going to be the Stylus RMX of synths.

That makes sense. It sounds like RMX but a synth sample fx workstation thing."

Sounds like this thing will be right up your alley.
    {{{Yummy!}}}

I would like to see a preview before loading....One of the reasons I still like hardware is because previewing patches is SO MUCH QUICKER....Maybe have it load just a small part to hear what the patch sounds like and then when you find the one you want it can load the whole instrument.....This is a feature on my MV-8800 and I LOVE IT!!!

I hope Omnisphere is easy on the CPU... Is it entirely RAM based or will it stream some of the content?

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

I hope this is early enough to do something (if it isn't already done). Really my only requests are ergonomic in nature. I TRULY hope we can assign some key commands in Logic. I'd like to be able to scroll back and forth through presets using buttons on my keypad (without having to re-save everything myself as an AU preset). I would be nice to be able to get to the browser and edits pages by keypad (sort of the way QWERT works on Reason 4). I'd like to be able to cursor around the bowser with my arrow keys (Like Rob Papens Blue) and finally I'd like the mouse wheel to work anywhere in the patch list (not just the thin right side border). I'm sure I'm getting it anyway, but I'd be thrilled if it was a little easier to handle all those sounds.

dp; the feature list does say it's "streaming" sample playback... I think that must mean disk streaming, right?
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

I hope the option is there to stream or not to stream, considering that the limits on ram now have a higher bar setting. I have 8 gigs now and expect that between one and two years .... 32 gigs ram will be affordable.

And I'll second the use of the scroll wheel wherever possible.

Heres one that I asked for with Atmosphere a few years ago. It would be an audition button or audition transport. When one considers the vast libraries available and all the clicking that takes place looking for the correct sound or tone for an ongoing project, it would be nice to let the puter do the clicking for you. I'm sure everyone has done this ... they click through various sounds looking for that special tone that fits into their current mix. In most every case you know if it's right or wrong for your mix in a second or two. Problem is that every wrong tone (And most are) requires a mouse click. I'd like to see the puter flip through and play the various possibles while you sit back and listen, make a sandwich, or play the keyboard ... no mouse clicking required. Enough of this to the mouse, to the keyboard, to the mouse, to the keyboard, to the mouse and back again, and again, and again.

I'd like to see this be somewhat programable like telling the puter to play a particular note, how long it will play that note, or possibly have it play a sequence of notes, or you play on the keyboard while the puter moves through different presets for your specified length of time. Once you find what you are looking for, you need but click the stop button and it's back to the default position. This is not vital that we have this, but it sure would be a very very nice option!!

This is not a programming nightmare as far as I can see, so there is always room for hope.

I got to drop by for a quick demonstration from the Spectrasonics booth, and from what I gathered it features both sampling and synthesis... or a combination of the two.

Also the dragging midi from RMX right into Omnispheres little midi bar was one of the coolest things I saw at the show! Also you can stack tons of sounds, and have different parameters such as mod wheel morph between them all. 8-part multi timbral is nice as well, as well as a 'kore' style sound browser with a dictionary's worth of search 'keywords' makes pulling up every atmosphere patch just to find one a thing of the past.

Yummy indeed!

Talking Re: Wish list for Omnisphere?

Beggers can't be choosy,... but I remember when Eric was giving a nice opinion of Arturia's CS-80. In his favorable opinion however, he also mentioned that as great as it was, there were just certain things that he couldn't get it to do(soundwise) that he could coaks out of his own CS-80.

I don't know,..... but I tell myself that Spectrum has probably figured out how to emulate these beauties within a hair of their origin.

And I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but it seems that Omnisphere is in fact going to be competitive with Kontakt and Gigastudio.(Please correct me if i'm wrong). But if that's the case..... holy crap!!!!!!!!!

Between now and September 15th, I imagine Spectrasonis may be able to work in a few final requests, so I'll let you guys fight it out as to what would be most desirable.

What a trip this thing's gonna be!!!!

Go Back to forum