• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: About the ART files, if you download please read.

Share/Bookmark

About the ART files, if you download please read.

are they of value to you guys?

I\'d appreciate it if you guys put up a \"thanks\" in the post for each one of you who downloads one.

It lets me know that its worth the extra effort to label them correctly and such for you guys.

If not I\'ll just do what I need to the files and not worry about keeping the \"original\" instruments intact. Then just share with the people who Email me.

I have some Major Update Ideas for VotA and Ultimate strings and such, but they will take some time. I\'ld like to make sure many people will use them if I\'m goign to go through extra trouble with them, instead of jsut making them \"work\".

I need the encouragement from end users.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Re: About the ART files, if you download please read.

King,
    Rather than post a big \"Thank You\" in every download thread, I\'m doing it here. I just downloaded all of your recent art file updates for the three different libraries.

\"THANK YOU\".

Sharing freely, as you do, is what makes a forum such as this such an invaluable and indispensible tool.

Regards,
    Trond

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    are they of value to you guys?

I have some Major Update Ideas for VotA and Ultimate strings and such, but they will take some time. I\'ld like to make sure many people will use them if I\'m goign to go through extra trouble with them, instead of jsut making them \"work\".

I need the encouragement from end users.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can\'t encourage you enough to go for it. I never get the time to do some proper programming so rely heavily on guys like yourself to find new and inventive ways to make samples more human and playable.

I can\'t wait to hear what you\'re going to do with the Ultimate Strings library. Its one of my favorite string libraries and I own them all except the Garritan library. The violas are so very playable.

Big thanks for the ART files! Not only are they all extremely useful musically, but also as tutorials. It\'s a lot easier to learn from deconstructing what skilled programers have done rather than the trial and error method! Especially since there is no Gigastudio manual.

Thanks again!!!

Lance

King,

Thank you!
    Thank you!!
    THANK YOU!!!

(Is that enough encouragement for one post? )

Just downloaded and had a quick look and listen to the SAM art file. As others have said, it\'s useful musically *and* educationally.

Oh, did I say Thank You?!

King,

Thank you VERY much for being so generous with your time and expertise. I haven\'t had a chance to use the art files yet, but I know they are going to be very helpful.

-- Martin

Thanks guys for the support and encouragment

I\'ld like to suggest jsut a tad of reverb when using hte legato switches. Especially with the QLB instruments. I could build release trigger versions of the instruments, but that requires sample editing.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you for putting the effort into these art files. I downloaded several of them.

I started playing with one or two of them but I am not sure what they are doing or how to use them. Where do I go for a brief description of your art files and how to best use them?

clueless

hey clueless.

I put a little description in each of the threads that I posted the links to the art files into.

Most of them add another \"instrument\" to the GIG file labeled with \"legato switch\"

The effect of this instrument is that, when you depress the sustain pedal, the samples have less natural \"attack\" to simulate \"legato\" playing and also release times are shortened. This makes for more realistic phrasing with legato phrases. Its especially good on the solo instruments in QLB and the ethno world Low Irish flute.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum